As Red Green used to say...
"Spring Hopes Eternal!" Big Grin

I took today off for a medical appointment and to do some puttering around the house. Among my projects was to finally shovel out this Christmas decoration from our front yard. It was firmly anchored by ice but I finally dislodged it. Minnesotans are feeling that hope of Spring today as it reaches 50 degrees!!!!!!!

I decked Frosty out in baseball garb for a photo op before I dragged him to the storage house. Smile I'm so ready for Spring that I have been paying extra close attention to pre-season baseball this year. Right now the Mets are playing the Twins in Florida. Wish I was there but I can listen on "Game Day Audio". Its a case of divided loyalties for me since I've come to appreciate the Twins after living in the Twin Cities for almost 30 years. Still....you can take the boy out of New York but.... Thumbsup

So, despite the rather dubious chances my beloved team has of any success this year, LET'S GO METS! and LET'S GO SPRING!!!!!

[Image: IMG_2228.jpg]

Ralph
I think we are supposed to hit 90 here today. I've rode my bicycle to work every day thw past two weeks. If I want to go to a spring ball game, I just need to play hookey from work.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
You see Kevin, the trick to REALLY appreciating nice weather is to not have it very often! Goldth
Ayuh, That picture looks just about what conditions have to be, 'fore the Cubs win a World Series...........
and "next year" is always the same. Really gets my "goat". :o
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Ralph Wrote:... I'm so ready for Spring that I have been paying extra close attention to pre-season baseball this year. Right now the Mets are playing the Twins in Florida. Wish I was there but I can listen on "Game Day Audio". Its a case of divided loyalties for me since I've come to appreciate the Twins after living in the Twin Cities for almost 30 years. Still....you can take the boy out of New York but.... ... Ralph

Icon_lol

On Sunday I took my ex-fast-pitch softball pitcher daughter to Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers (as a birthday gift) to watch our Phillies stick it to the Twinkies, 6 to 3 (it was worse than it appears ... the Twins runs were all unearned and scored on two wild pitches and a passed ball! And the Phillies left 9 or 10 on base ... disgusting!) 35 Wallbang

I keep forgetting it's still cold up there! I'll feel sorry for you guys now!!! But before too long, it'll be nice up there and I'll be "sweatin' to the Oldies" down here! 8-) 357 I guess it all balances out! Wink
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Ouch, with that pitching lineup there were 2 WPs and a PB? Tell me at least that it wasn;t one of the starters pitching for the Phils...

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
It was a "split squad game" ... the Phightin' Phils were playing their second squad against a team of many of the Twinkies starters. The "Big Guys" were up in Clearwater playing an NL team, I think. Popcornbeer

But it is a small word ... there was a young couple sitting next to us who, it turns out, were down from Philly visiting family for the weekend. She had just graduated from my Alma Mater! :o [it was like "old home week," comparing note, then and now! Big Grin

It's a small world, after all .. oh ... no ... that's up in Kissimmee! Icon_lol
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
ahhh......I LOVE the smell of neatsfoot oil on a new glove in the springtime! Can't wait for the first day game with my Texas Rangers Cheers Popcornbeer
Cheers,
Richard

T & A Layout Build http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic...=46&t=7191