SP SW1500
While I am still thinking about the future of my layout it is good time to "decorate" two SP SW1500.
Weathering was done by while and black wash, diluted brown and some black paint. The real thing is lighter. The white wash was more intense than it shows on the photo.

I did refrain from the prototypical massive rust not to ruin the models. The weathering done by SSWUPinSA is what I would like to do if I had the guts... but may be for 1980 it is enough rust any how.

[Image: Img_0606.jpg?t=1300979318]

[Image: Img_0605.jpg?t=1300979318]

[Image: Img_0604.jpg?t=1300979318]

[Image: Img_0603.jpg?t=1300979318]
Reinhard
Thats a decent weathering, I like it.
Did you disassamble the loco or did you mask the windows and lights?
Jens
SP1 Wrote:Thats a decent weathering, I like it.
Did you disassamble the loco or did you mask the windows and lights?
Jens, I did not disassemble nor did I mask the windows or lights. The wash can be wiped of the windows easily and the lights can be "painted" over with wash. The price I payed is virtually no weathering between the single windows on the backside of the cab. I did also learn that Athearn 1.5V micro bulbs like to break apart if they are removed from their glue bed. I do that only if absolute necessary.
Reinhard
That looks nice Reinhard. I'm with you, I would like to see a bit more fading and rust, but I would be cautious of doing too much.
Thank you Reinhard,
I was asking because I have to do a similar weathering job in the near future. And since I have never opened a locomative yet, I am glad to hear that it is not necessary.
Jens
Very nice weathering job. Look's realistic without being over done and looking like a rust bucket!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"