Don't see this everyday!
Hey docWayne and Mister Nutbar! Check it out, saw some Eg&E rolling stock in Texas this morning! I wonder what sort of Canadian goods were coming to Houston.

As I was coming up south Wayside, I saw the local freight was sitting on the tracks behind Chase Bank, I guess it was waiting for another loco to complete some swtiching moves on the track ahead. I parked in the donut shop parking lot, I snapped a couple photos, then ran over to the other side of the bayou to get pics from another angle. At that point, the train began moving and I got another photo of some of the cars on the bridge.

[Image: image.php?album_id=191&image_id=3722]

[Image: image.php?album_id=191&image_id=3723]

[Image: image.php?album_id=191&image_id=3724]

[Image: image.php?album_id=191&image_id=3725]
Verryyyy nice....The scene and the cars are just "purrfect"..!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
When you first mentioned that you will paint your backdrop, I was very skeptic. But the scene turned out incredibly good. H***y shit, I am lacking the proper words.
You prolly mentioned it before, but I forgot - what will you do with the vacant lot in the foreground?
Jens
Cool. You know Gary, your detailed threads about your backdrop and the construction of buildings like the bank are always terrific, but it was really a treat to just appreciate trains rolling through your excellent scenes above! Thumbsup
Ralph
Gary,
I'm speechless too. great job, it is coming together so well.
Charlie
Gus, thanks! I appreciate you checking this out. Smile
SP1 Wrote:When you first mentioned that you will paint your backdrop, I was very skeptic. But the scene turned out incredibly good. H***y ****, I am lacking the proper words. You prolly mentioned it before, but I forgot - what will you do with the vacant lot in the foreground?

EspeeOne, Thanks for the very kind comments. Smile I admit I too was wondering if I could make the backdrop work. I had participated in an operating session on a layout that had a decent backdrop. The owner had hired an artist to do it. As I ran trains, I also studied the backdrop, and felt that I could do that too. The backdrop was done in oils, which is a different technique than my attempts, but I am quite pleased with how my stuff is coming along. There is still work to be done on the backdrop at the bayou in the photos above, the painted bridge needs weathering is one thing that comes to mind.

For the area in front of the tracks, I'll be doing what is at the prototype area. A donut shop, a fish market, and a gravel parking lot for trucks.

[Image: image.php?album_id=174&image_id=3234]

Also, the bridge thread can be found at: http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic...it=wayside
Ralph, Thank you! You do know that you are an inspiration to me, right? Your layout is to a stage of completion that I hope for, and that helps keep me motivated. My aspiration is to have a layout as well done and complete as Ralph's!

Charlie, thanks for checking out the thread.

Oh... gotta tell y'all that these cars really did come from Canada!
your layout and those cars look amazing. Cool stuff!
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Nice work Gary. It's coming along nicely... Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
NICE!!

Great little photo story ... and a painted fascia to boot! I especially like the "heavy up" witness line along the top edge! A very nice finishing touch, indeed! I had not seen it done before and now, after looking at it, I'm wondering why ... it's a very nice, clean finishing touch! The color choice is right on ... choosing an analogous color was smart! You've been learning your color lessons well. I'm impressed!

And the width of the line is perfect ... not too wide ... not too narrow ... just right. Thumbsup

Cool Beans!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Those cars look good on your layout, Gary, and that last shot on the bridge really demonstrates the effectiveness of your backdrop-painting talents. Thumbsup Thumbsup

I have a few photos of those cars closer to home, although these are the only two which I could locate.

Here's 7769 picking up a load at GERN's Port Maitland works:
[Image: Garysfreightcars07.jpg]

...and, oddly enough, 7912 (being switched by a TH&B diesel) rolling past the 7738, which is spotted at Bertram's machine works.
[Image: Garysfreightcars08.jpg]

Even odder is the fact the my '30s-era camera-work could capture these scenes from the future. Wink Misngth

Wayne
ROFLMAO!!!

You guys crack me up!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:your layout and those cars look amazing. Cool stuff!

Thank you GEC.

And at this point I send a huge huge "thank you" to docWayne and Mister Nutbar for these cars. You gotta admit, docWayne does some wonderful work. These cars are a prized possession and they will be run with pride for many an operating session!
docWayne, at least you know that GERN industries and Bertram Machine Works will survive as viable businesses for at least 60 years in the future. Thanks again for doing the cars, I really appreciate it, and the cars do look good on my layout! Thumbsup