Small expansion project
A couple of weeks ago I started working on a plan to expand my layout in order to gain some length to the A/D track. At the same time
I thought of adding a diesel service track off of the extended track,but soon realized that it wouldn't work.
I let the service track ides go for a while and then the other day while running trains,I took another look at the layout and saw that I could add an
extension to the tail end of the runaround track and put an engine house/service area there without fouling any track operation.
This is what I have so far-
[Image: 103_0060.jpg]
Next step will to build the engine house. Not sure if it will be brick or metal.
Bob
It is always great to acquire new territory! Thumbsup
Sounds like a neat idea!

Smile,
Stein
Thanks for the replies guys.
As I make more progress I will post more photos.
Bob
Looking good Bob Thumbsup
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Thanks e-paw.
Today I raided Trains and Lanes and am in the process of building the engine house.
I should be able to post a photo tomorrow.
Bob
Ha! that is small! I know how it goes, though. Sometimes just a few more inches of track can really open up your operating possibilities. In the back of my mind is also a "small" expansion project, but bigger than yours at about 2'x4'. The idea would be to make room for a small staging yard for car storage. I look forward to progress pictures on this little expansion Goldth .
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Kevin-This small expansion gave a place to park and service the engine without fouling any of the tracks.
Yesterday,I went to my LHS and put together the engine house. It still needs to be weathered.
[Image: 103_0066.jpg]
Who makes that engine house?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.