Congratulations to the Newlyweds
OK...this is waaaaay off any sort of train topic...but...to our Big Blue members across the waters and to the north...

Congratulations to Prince William and his new wife Kate!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
She would be "Duchess Kate" now.....

It's nice to see that somewhere in this crazy world tradition is still strictly adhered to.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:It's nice to see that somewhere in this crazy world tradition is still strictly adhered to.... Goldth

Amen to that. Hope they keep the 'newly married' thoughts for many years.
Yes it was quite an event downunder as well, with heavy media coverage on free to air tv, radio, papers. It is even being repeated on tv this afternoon on at least one free to air channel.

One free to air channel was actually making at point of advertising that they would be William and Kate Free during the wedding.

It is rumoured that they may honeymoon somewhere downunder as well.

I am glad that everything went off without a hitch as an event like that could very easily have become a big fat terrorist target. Mind you, the repercussions for any terrorist organisation following an attack would have been universally supported and very severe.

I hope that the couple have an enjoyable and happy life together.

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:... I am glad that everything went off without a hitch as an event like that could very easily have become a big fat terrorist target. Mind you, the repercussions for any terrorist organisation following an attack would have been universally supported and very severe.
... Mark

As a former ASA "spook," I couldn't resist the temptation to remind ...

... not having "become a big fat terrorist target" just might be the result of some extraordinarily diligent covert security work, the details of which will never see the light of day in our lifetimes, if ever. From what I heard, there was "verbal activity" that was being monitored for weeks prior to the event. Of course, not having a Security Clearance anymore, nor the "need to know," I was unable to learn anything more, despite using my best questioning techniques. (The "questionee" has had the same training as I and, I'm sure, quite a bit more these days.)
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
All German TV channels have been fully dedicated to London all day yesterday. Those are the moments were I am no to sure how far the British island extends to the south Wink
Reinhard
Breaking news... someone spilled a bag of rice in china!
Jens
Well here's one Canuck who could give a rats behind about all this. People kept asking me if I watched any of the wedding. To which I replied...

"Wedding? What wedding?"

Wink
If you people in the USA like them so much you can have them. We're not all royalists over here.