File attachment types - XtrkCAD and Right Track
Hi guys. Just throw some cheese in to go with my whine... Smile

Back in the other place, I lobbied to have .xtc and Atlas RightTrack files allowed as valid attachments... so I'm doing it again.

It makes sharing and developing trackplans soooooo much easier. So that's my New Year's wish.... that we can upload trackplan files.

Or just .xtc files, since that's the software that discerning planners use. Tongue Wink

Please? Puhllleeaaaaze? Pleasepleaseplease? 2285_
I remember you asking for that before... I think I enabled it for the gallery.. Not positive though - Give it a try and get back to me Smile Smile

Have fun!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thanks Mikey. It's not allowed yet, and I'm not sure that the Gallery is the the most useful place for that. If we can attach .xtc files to messages in the layout threads, it would be much more helpful.

Matt's request for help is what started it off for me.

Thanks,

Marc
Squidbait Wrote:Or just .xtc files, since that's the software that discerning planners use. Tongue Wink

Tongue

Bah - .crw files are the best. I know this because it's the only one I know how to use... Goldth

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
OK - try now... In the forums.. File size limit is 300 K
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Ok - I'll play your silly game... whats a crw file?????? 35 35 35
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:Ok - I'll play your silly game... whats a crw file?????? 35 35 35

Sorry - meant to add (Cadrail) to that sentence, but forgot! It's the Cadrail file extension.
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
If you were to upload the xtrkcad file as a txt file then if someone wanted to run the file in the xtkcad program they just need to copy the contents to there own notepad and resave as a .xtc type file and away you go . Just a thought and I believe it cuts down on file size.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Fluesheet Wrote:
Squidbait Wrote:Or just .xtc files, since that's the software that discerning planners use. Tongue Wink

Tongue

Bah - .crw files are the best. I know this because it's the only one I know how to use... Goldth

Matt

Nah... if it costs money, it's not as good. XtrkCAD is free. So there. Nyah. :p
Icon_lol and Cheers on the free is good part...

But in my defense, I bought it years and years and years ago, so I don't remember what I paid. Therefore, as far as I know it was FREE!

Mikey, I was kidding about adding it as a supported file extension. With the rate of my Cad planning, it'll be forever before I'd post anything anyway! And besides, I can export as a .bmp (is that supported?).

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Seeing as this is a xtrkcad thread I was thinking Nope maybe we could have one floder for uploading our xtracad files so others could try them out perhaps modify them for there needs or just tear them apart for practice. The xtracad program is great for running trains on for testing.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada