Hurry up and wait...
Terrific stuff Wayne, and as noted above, I also enjoyed scrolling down and getting the moving picture effect as the train rolled and the cars started lining up at the crossing! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Ralph
doctorwayne Wrote:Yep! That's the one, although, like the rest of my towns (all named after real places), it will bear little if any resemblance to the real one. Others planned for the second level are Shallow Lake (just down the road, same as the real one) and Mount Forest.
Wayne
We go through Shallow Lake quite a bit when we're in Sauble Beach. About the time we were married, we took a UCRS excursion to Owen Sun that returned through Shallow Lake. Track is now a trail.

Would the rider car at the rear also carry any attendants for the horse car, or do they ride with the horses?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:Would the rider car at the rear also carry any attendants for the horse car, or do they ride with the horses?

Good question, David, and a car that I forgot about. I would have thought that the attendants for the horses would have ridden with them (I'm guessing that they wouldn't all be from the same stables, so nobody would want their horse left with anyone who might wish to tamper with them.) However, a check of the prototype car's floorplan shows only the 24 collapsible stalls - no seating, toilet, or other amenities. So yes, I guess the attendants would also be in that rider car. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't use a shorty combine as the rider car, as there'd be standees. Misngth Misngth

Wayne
Wayne!

That is an really good story with excellent photographed stuff which is also excellent made Thumbsup

Lutz