Old meets new - Some lucky shots I took today
My girlfriend and I took a trip to Sørumsand today. I wanted to take some pics of Tertitten, a narrow gauge museum railway with scheduled runs every sunday in the summertime. We were nearly finished taking pictures of the train at different locations, and about to drive back home, but first I wanted some trackside shots. We found a nice spot near an underpass, where the museum railway and the NSB main line cross each other, and while we were waiting I casually mentiond to my girlfriend: -Wouldn't it be cool if both trains came here at the same time? Not knowing the NSB time schedule I quickly dissmissed it, and didn't think any more of it. This is what happened two minutes later:

[Image: 1628_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1630_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1632_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1634_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1636_w1200.jpg]

If the commuter train had been only ten seconds earlier, I would have missed these shots, what are the odds of that..!? Big Grin

Svein
Sweet! And love that little bridge too. With the abutments, would make a great subject for modeling.
Svein Wrote:If the commuter train had been only ten seconds earlier, I would have missed these shots, what are the odds of that..!? Big Grin

Great shots!

2:45pm departure of Tertitten? Maybe running a minute or two late, with commuter train 1020 (a type 69D) from Årnes to Oslo, on schedule (it departs from Sorumsand at 2:51pm, so it arrives about 2:49 pm or so).

Smile,
Stein
You're spot on again, Stein! I remember checking the time when we heard the whistle signalling departure, around 2:47PM, and the pics were taken at 2:49PM.

Svein