How do I access a list of photo Galleries?
How do I access a list of photo galleries? I have my own gallery set up, but I'd like to see a list of the other members galleries. I only get recent images or random images when I click on the gallery link. A sticky on how to access the gallery and work its features would be nice.

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Good question, are you sure thats all the gallery pics available so far?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Same as in this forum =- click the white words at the top of the page "User's Personal Albuims"

All those titles are links Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Same as in this forum =- click the white words at the top of the page "User's Personal Albuims"

All those titles are links Smile

Mikey, I don't see this link - do I have to have an album set up before that link is displayed?

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Matt I thought perhaps I was going blind because I don't see the links either. Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
wgrider Wrote:Matt I thought perhaps I was going blind because I don't see the links either. Icon_lol

Lynn,

I think I may have found it - click the eyeball image in the upper right of the page (same area as "logout"). Though this may be something different.

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
Yep I found the eyeball ok but it doesn't give a list of user albums.
Lynn

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
if you click on the link above - It takes you here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/gallery/index.php">gallery/index.php</a><!-- l -->

To the left you see the following:

It is currently January 2nd, 2009, 6:29 pm
This gallery doesn't have any albums
Gallery ‹ Users Personal Albums » Your Personal Album

The line above is the link Big Grin Users Personal Albums brings you here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/gallery/index.php?mode=personal">gallery/index.php?mode=personal</a><!-- l -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:if you click on the link above - It takes you here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/gallery/index.php">gallery/index.php</a><!-- l -->

To the left you see the following:

It is currently January 2nd, 2009, 6:29 pm
Gallery ‹ Users Personal Albums » Your Personal Album

The line above is the link Big Grin Users Personal Albums brings you here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/gallery/index.php?mode=personal">gallery/index.php?mode=personal</a><!-- l -->

When I click on the eyeball, or use the direct link above, I get something similar to what you describe, but no "your personal album" link. On the left side of the page, starting just below the-gauge logo I have:

-------------------
* Board index ‹ Gallery
* User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts • View new posts
-------------------
It is currently Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:31 pm
-------------------
-------------------
Recent Images
<picture><picture><etc.>
-------------------
Random Images
<picture><picture><etc.>

But no galleries.

If I click the personal gallery link, I get the same display, with the exception that there is another row (blank) in the table above "recent images". Maybe permissions, or possibly more likely I'm missing something. Let me know if you want me to email you some screenshots.

Matt
Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio
You're right, Matt: there's no way to access a list of Gallery Albums from the main Gallery page. It also seems that for the images shown on the Gallery page, you can view only those photos which are actually displayed - you can't use them as a portal to a particular User's Album.

The Boys
I can't see but 8 pictures and when you click on them to enlarge it takes about 2-5 seconds for the photo to load. Can they be made to just pop up. I'm on a high speed connection, I can't imagine what dial-up would be like.
I would like to access members albums too.
I'm sure all will be fine once we learn our way around.
Charlie
For us Mods, Clicking on "Gallery" (beside the eyeball) gives us another line below the date which shows "Gallery" followed by "Users Personal Albums" and "Your Personal Album". The latter two are links, the first to a list of all Albums, the second to my own Albums. I think (Oh! Oh! - Danger! 35 ) that this needs to be activated for all Members, as it doesn't appear to give me any extra privileges (as a Moderator). In the Zealot Gallery, I was able to go into other Members' Galleries and post one of my pictures there, or take a photo from the Member's Album and post it in my own thread. Eek
Mikey or Pat (Pat 'n' Mike?) Wink Misngth might want to make sure of this (that it doesn't give Mod capabilities to everyone by activating it) before changing any settings, though. I think that for some people on dial-up, this may be their preferred way to view pictures, as they don't have to look at a large image unless they choose to click on it.
Incidentally, when and if everyone is able to view all of the Gallery, clicking on the thumbnails will give you a larger, but limited, view, whereas clicking on the image title will give you a bigger picture, with some technical info below.

Wayne
you are right Wayne, we do not have a drop down menu and when we click on the Gallery we get 4 recent pictures and 4 random pictures with no way to navigate. It is when I click on one of these to enlarge it (if you can call an 800x600 picture large) that it takes too much time to load. Although this is only 2 to 5 seconds it just doesn't seem right to me. I can get much larger photos loading as fast on other sites, such as the fallen flags site.
I'm puzzled about the slow loading times that you're experiencing, though, Charlie. I get the "enlargements" almost instantly if I click on the picture's title, while the enlarged version on the darkened background takes a tad longer.

Wayne
We discovered a limited way in which Members can access some of the Users' Albums in the Gallery: under those 8 photos displayed when you click on "GALLERY", the "ALBUM NAME", displayed beneath each photo, is a link to that Album. Simply click on it to see the rest of that Album.

The Boys