Something I like
I've just noticed that after I've run though the View new posts, if I go back and ask for it again I get the same threads plus any new ones but any that I've looked at have a grey ball instead of red.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I like the new posts button, just a thought tho, i would maybe like to see the threads that i have already viewed under the new posts button disappear after i have read them to shorten the new posts list of threads. This shouldnt be a high priority but it is just something to think about and maybe try and do later on down the road Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:I like the new posts button, just a thought tho, i would maybe like to see the threads that i have already viewed under the new posts button disappear after i have read them to shorten the new posts list of threads. This shouldnt be a high priority but it is just something to think about and maybe try and do later on down the road Goldth

Josh, if you hit "Refresh", the "ball" at the left side, as David mentions, will turn from red to grey, indicating that you have already viewed it.

Wayne
Thanks , learn something new here every day. Cheers
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
You will also notice that if you don't read a thread, and go away, when you come back, that ball is still red. On the vBulletin forum we had, there was a time limit, that if you left, it would first go into a "the following threads have not been updated since your last visit" list, but then would mark the thread as having been read after a while, even if you didn't read it. Here, it will show as having not been read until either you read it, or you click on "mark forums (or topics) read. I like that.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I like the idea of those red/gray balls...I couldn't figure out what it was all about, until it dawned on me that the grays were the ones I'd read..... :oops:
What I have noted is that the "View first unread" link doesn't take you to the REAL first unread post, but only to the page where the first unread is at.....Or am I just being delusional here..?? :?
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I like the idea of those red/gray balls...I couldn't figure out what it was all about, until it dawned on me that the grays were the ones I'd read..... :oops:
What I have noted is that the "View first unread" link doesn't take you to the REAL first unread post, but only to the page where the first unread is at.....Or am I just being delusional here..?? :?
If there is a red ball, there is a small red box next to the thread name. If you click on that, it will indeed take you to the first unread post. If you click on the box next to the name of the "last post", that will take you to... uh, the last post in the thread.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I like how the avatars and the info of the members are now on the right side of the forum pages, something about that just makes this feel better and easyer to me, i dont know why? LOL

Anyways, thanks guys 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I agree I like when I go back to the view new post and it now shows any new post that came in, I'm doing my best to keep up Icon_lol
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada