Renumbering Number Board Numbers
I want to remove the numbers off of my Kato NW2's number board and replace it with another. Can I get a tip on how to do this?
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Well --- First, determine if the numbers are a decal, or were pad printed. Next, is it a lighted number board, and clear plastic? or is it unlighted, and safe to scrape or sand.

Decals can sometimes be removed with an application of Walthers "Solvaset", decal setting solution ( won't damage a clear plastic board ).
Another method is,Joe's Model Trains, paint and decal remover. I've used this one to remove numbers from factory painted rolling stock, so a pad printed number board could be treated the same way.
Actually, in the case of a lighted number board, a little gentle sanding, or, and I like this one better, Clorox Softscrub
( without bleach )can be used to "polish off" decals, or some painted numbers.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks Sumpter, will do.

By the way, next time I go into storage, I'm looking for an Athearn shell to add porches to my Athearn hustler.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:Thanks Sumpter, will do. By the way, next time I go into storage, I'm looking for an Athearn shell to add porches to my Athearn hustler.

I'll be waiting to see the results. Icon_twisted Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!