I'm Going Where The Trains Went
I'm finally going to get my wish - to follow the old rail grades high into the mountains, and all the way to the Alpine Tunnel!

[Image: 100_0071.jpg]

[Image: 100_0072.jpg]
Excellent! I've always wanted to go there. Be sure to take lots of photos!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:Excellent! I've always wanted to go there. Be sure to take lots of photos!

Of course! It's the major reason for going! Thumbsup
MountainMan Wrote:quote="nachoman",Excellent! I've always wanted to go there. Be sure to take lots of photos!

Of course! It's the major reason for going! Thumbsup

Major ? Oh no my friend not "Major", no it's the "Commander-in-Chief" reason! 357 357 357

Have a great trip, and may your journey come to completion without incident ------ and, with "Lots Of Photos". Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Too bad it's not on a train anymore, but that looks like a heck of a lot of fun...!

Andrew
MountainMan Wrote:I'm finally going to get my wish - to follow the old rail grades high into the mountains, and all the way to the Alpine Tunnel!

I've been there in 2005. It has been a great ride in fabulous scenery, many famous places along the road like the Palisades, etc.

Jens
Wow... that's looks amazing. And a heck of a lot like ton of fun I must say! Thumbsup
My wife and I are looking forward to it. So is Jasper, our Charpei-Mastiff mix. Thumbsup Big Grin
Off to Geo-cache the Phantom Canyon today! Thumbsup
(And yes, I have my camera.)