Hi again
Tyson Rayles Wrote:Russ a size limit of around 600x400 on pics posted directly or linked in and a limit of 3 per post (not thread) would speed things up considerably.
That works, and limiting the size of the picture to 100K or less doesn't take away from the picture quality either. A lot of the pics in you threads in the Academy are running under 50K, and the details in them are satisfactory. Another reason for keeping the physical size down is that not everyone has a high resolution display. On some older displays, 600 x 480 might fill up the screen. Anything larger would require scrolling and then frustration sets in and the viewer goes on to a different thread.

A point for everyone to remember when posting pictures: if you're proud of your photo, make sure it's sized so that everyone can see it and it doesn't take a very long time to view, otherwise your efforts are going to be wasted. If you aren't proud, go ahead and make it super big with a large filesize and you can be sure very few will be seeing it. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
"A point for everyone to remember when posting pictures: if you're proud of your photo, make sure it's sized so that everyone can see it and it doesn't take a very long time to view, otherwise your efforts are going to be wasted. If you aren't proud, go ahead and make it super big with a large filesize and you can be sure very few will be seeing it."

That's a good point Don! Cheers
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
This picture from my current N scale layout is only 586x 404 and 62 kb's:

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:This picture from my current N scale layout is only 586x 404 and 62 kb's:
Yup, that's my point. It's a great shot, plenty of detail and it's small enough to fit on most any screen and the filesize is great, even for you dial-up folks...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Is there anywhere that we can select an option of "no automatic downloads"?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I don't think so but that would be nice. Maybe one of the mods or administrators can answer that.
Mike

I'll pass that question on.....
Ralph
If you want to alter what you see here, go to your "User Control Panel", near the top left hand side of the page, then click on "Board Preferences". Next, click on "Edit Display Options" and, if you don't want to see the pictures, click on "No" on the line regarding "Display images within posts".

Wayne
Thanks Doc, that works great! Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

Tyson Rayles Wrote:Thanks Doc, that works great! Cheers Thumbsup

Actually, it was Andrew (MasonJar) that suggested the solution - I just passed along the message. Wink Misngth

Wayne
My thanks to Andrew as well! Thumbsup
Mike

Good! I figured some one would have a good answer! Thumbsup