Poll: Which name suites the proposed railroad best?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Alliance Railway
12.00%
3 12.00%
Central Area TransporTation
20.00%
5 20.00%
G.L.O.B.A.L Rail Corp. (Goods Loaded On Bulk Allied Lines)
0%
0 0%
Global Rail Transportation
20.00%
5 20.00%
Greenwich & Meridian
32.00%
8 32.00%
Northeast & Southwest Railway
4.00%
1 4.00%
TransGlobal Railway
0%
0 0%
TransWorld Railroad
0%
0 0%
Unified Rails
4.00%
1 4.00%
Wearenda Whirld Ahrwey & Wie
4.00%
1 4.00%
World Wide Rail
4.00%
1 4.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

International railway naming poll
Good to know you are on top of things Don! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
It looks like Greenwich & Meridian has the most votes. We will submit the results of the poll to the very bored (and sometimes very boring too) of Directors for their consideration.

Thank you all for your votes, this wasn't a contest, but could be the start of our global railway system here at Big Blue. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Now the G& M needs a logo... 35
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
How about a stylized globe tilted on its axis like the Earth with Longitude and Latitude lines inscribed on it.

Grenwich and Meridian Railroad

Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
e-paw Wrote:Now the G& M needs a logo... 35

Sure, but it might be sometime complicated to get a set of decals with the logo. I would like to suggest we agree an the simple "G&M" in a wide available font, color and size. The font should be "useful" from 1910 - 2010. That makes some very modern computer fonts not a good choice. May be we can agree on a specific parts number from Microscale. They do ship fast and friendly all over the world. That would virtually enable everybody to decorate a G&M car or engine.
However, an optional logo would be great!
Reinhard
Hang tight my friends, we have something in the planning stages that might give everyone a shot at this. 2285_ 2285_
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Hang tight my friends, we have something in the planning stages that might give everyone a shot at this. 2285_ 2285_

"something in the planning stages" --- Well, we did devise, and distribute the BB&G logo,and reporting marks, so that decals could be made for the tour cars. Even a hand painted logo ( or complete decal set ) could be photographed, or scanned to digital, for use by all interested parties.
The decal process isn't all that difficult, with ink jet printer friendly decal paper.
The hardest part of making the decals for the "Cask and Anchor", was the design of the logo itself.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:...The hardest part of making the decals for the "Cask and Anchor", was the design of the logo itself.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I would have thought the hardest part was the research required. I'd say that the "Cask and Anchor" was an English pub down by the docks and it took a long time sitting there to get that design just right.. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:I would have thought the hardest part was the research required. I'd say that the "Cask and Anchor" was an English pub down by the docks and it took a long time sitting there to get that design just right.. 357

Actually, the Cask and Anchor Inn, was a fictional establishment, run by miss Purity Pinker, in the Television series "Long John Silver". The design went well, the Font for the name? that was a completely different "task", that required each word to be copied, imported into the design program, positioned where I wanted each one to be, exported to Photopaint, and converted into a jpeg image that could then be printed on decal paper.
Yeah, I'm sure there are programs that would have made that easier, but I have what I have.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!