Is there a switcher in the house?
Kurt....I think you might be right....
As I just scrolled past it I caught a glimpse of the cab, and thought "That doesn't belong there..." I think the trucks might be home-grown as well.
The pics were taken in Mexico, so I presume N de M "kitbashed" it in their shops....
Gus (LC&P).
Chuck Wrote:Sumpter250, that diesel is fantastic! Is that a Hustler body with steps added? There is just something about those "homegrown" critters that intrigue me. Great thread everyone!
Chuck

Yup!, I made a few changes to the "Hustler", and added the steps.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Steamtrains Wrote:Does this one count..??
[Image: DSCF1737.jpg]
Anyone know what it might be...??

First, those are freight trucks, and there are no traction motors in them. So.....looks to me like it might be a kludged together, portable, emergency power station. Or, might have been used as power for passenger coaches ?
I'm pretty sure it is no longer a "locomotive". ( other than being a, "crazy reason for doing something" ) Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
That looks like an export model GA8. It indeed rides on freight car trucks, but it DOES have traction motors. And an 8-567C prime mover
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_GA8

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Here is a shot of my MU'ed Hustlers I detailed and painted for the Hogsback and Southern:
[Image: trainpics035.jpg]

Here is a project I have been working on for awhile -- I got the idea from an old rail modeler magazine:
[Image: IMG_8262.jpg]

Here is the main motive power for my Detroit Connecting:

[Image: 100_2445.jpg]

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.
The only tea kettle I own.

[Image: IMG_0312.jpg]

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
20 diesels and 14 steamers so far.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Chuck, that double ended Hustler is great!
-Dave
Chuck Wrote:Here is a shot of my MU'ed Hustlers I detailed and painted for the Hogsback and Southern:

Here is a project I have been working on for awhile -- I got the idea from an old rail modeler magazine:
[Image: IMG_8262.jpg]

Here is the main motive power for my Detroit Connecting:

Chuck

Chuck - I was intrigued to see your Detroit Connecting motive power - I had literally just put this away in the cupboard about 5 minutes previously - my Double Hustle- Muscle

[Image: dscn2039d.jpg]

[Image: dscn2040q.jpg]

Best
Jack
Steamtrains Wrote:Does this one count..??

[Image: DSCF1737.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1739.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1744-1.jpg]

Anyone know what it might be...??

That is an EMD GA8

Lutz
GA 8...I found a diagram through a google search, that shows the motors, residing where one would normally expect to see the fuel tank. The trucks are geared, and driven, kind of like a climax locomotive.

Remind me to never say, " well now I've seen everything". Confusedhock:

Great looking "Hustlers" , all of them! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Puddlejumper Wrote:Thanks for posting that. I was about to do the same, but you beat me to it. I believe they were based out of Baltimore, Md for use downtown around Pratt St. and the Harbor area. B&O 99, in your first post... used to look like B&O 98, in your second post...I never would have guessed them to be the same class of locomotive.
That is my most favorite locomotive in the world, as shown by my avatar.

I believe they were based out of Baltimore, Md for use downtown around Pratt St. and the Harbor area. ......which accounts for the designation " Dockside "

My first brass loco, was the Gem B&O C16a. It's getting overhauled, and detailed according to photos I have found. Of the two, the "a" is my favorite, and, ( the extra wheels on the tender, give it better electrical pick up, and more dependable operation on the layout ).
Sumpter250 Wrote:GA 8...I found a diagram through a google search, that shows the motors, residing where one would normally expect to see the fuel tank. The trucks are geared, and driven, kind of like a climax locomotive.
You still have that link?
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Sumpter250 Wrote:The operative term here is "switcher" --- so :

Model Switcher:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

B&O Class C16a 0-4-0, with slope back tender.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Sumpter, what did you do for the front and rear porches? I love this model. I even have the Gem models one in brass as well as the Athearn model.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Shortliner,

Your Hustle Muscle center cab looks great -- it just looks powerful. My center cab splice came from a 70's Rail Modeler magazine. The article originally called for an Athearn chassis as the pwoer train, but I decided to grind down a P2K SW9 chassis because it just runs smoother than an Athearn. One of these days I will actually finish the shell work and paint it. Someday.... Big Grin

Chuck
Detroit Connecting
We are your
inner-city connection.