Some pics from a Norwegian model railroad show last weekend
Last weekend my girlfriend and I went on a small trip to the city of Hamar. We stayed for two nights on a hotel and visited the Norwegian Railway Museum, which hosted a model railroad show Saturday and Sunday. It was kind of a birthday gift to myself, as I turned 39 on Friday. I'd like to share some pics from the show.

First some pics of a layout named Centralstasjonen (The Central Station). It's a small (180cm x 125cm / 5'11" x 4'1") but action packed layout featuring three separate scenes, showing that a lot can be done in a very confined space. More about the layout, and a track plan, can be found at http://www.smallgardenrailways.com/Centr...jonen.html.

[Image: 1729_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1730_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1734_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1735_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1738_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1741_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1743_w1200.jpg]

The guy who built Centralstasjonen also brought along a tiny and very cool diorama:

[Image: 1744_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1745_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1747_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1748_w1200.jpg]

Another beautiful diorama was displayed at a dealer's stand, who presented a collection of H0n3 steam engines and cars from Blackstone Models. My girlfriend just fell in love with those narrow gauge models and decided to start building her own layout, she ended up buying a D&RG steam loco, four freight cars and a caboose!:

[Image: 1752_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1754_w1200.jpg]

And finally, the Mjøsa N-skala club had brought a few modules and put together a U-shaped double track US based layout with turnback loops on both ends. Here are some details from the layout:

[Image: 1755_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1758_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1759_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1760_w1200.jpg]

[Image: 1764_w1200.jpg]

Svein
They clearly put a lot of time in building that layout...really nice job. Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Svein Wrote:Last weekend my girlfriend and I went on a small trip to the city of Hamar.
My girlfriend just fell in love with those narrow gauge models and decided to start building her own layout, she ended up buying a D&RG steam loco, four freight cars and a caboose!:

Svein

Great! Absolutely Great Svein. Thumbsup

No problems anymore in the furure when buying new model railroad stuff.
No embarassing questions from the missus "why" you have bought this and this.

Lutz

P.S. My wife has lost the overwiew about my stuff. So one or more black locos too won't be noticed.
But beware! Any stuff with the Chessie kitten will be noticed very well.
Looks like fun. Probably beat walking in the woods in the rail with a group of boy scouts, which is what I did this weekend instead of going to Hamar for the show :-)

Congratulations to Vigdis with the new engine!

Smile,
Stein