E-8's on the CONEMAUGH LINE on 10-2-11
The E-8's made an appearance on Norfolk Southerns Conemaugh Line this past Sunday morning. They were running an excursion train in conjunction with the Rail Fest at Altoona, Pennslyvania.

I took these photos of them on the Conemaugh LIne at West Leechburg and again at Salina,Pennsylvania.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Great shots Todd, it was a miserable day but you got just the right exposures.
Next time you see the MOW crew tell them to move those rocks back. Goldth
Charlie
Thank you Charlie for the compliments. it rained the whole day, however it did stop just long enough to get a few decent photos of them.

Ill pass that on to the MOW crews though. LOL

Todd
One word - BEAUTIFUL!
Ed
"Friends don't let friends build Timesavers"
Great pictures of beautiful locomotives Todd Thumbsup I wish we had something like that here in the Great White North
I went on a bus tour of roads along the Conemaugh line several years ago at a PRRT&HS convention. I talked to an NS engineer who was also on the tour, and he said he couldn't figure out why they'd bother to run such a tour, since you can see so little of the line from the highways. He was right. That says so much more about how much work had to have gone into those photos! Great job!
Thank all of you for the compliments. i appreciate them very much. after i took the photos and when i was on my way home i really thought they would look horrible and thought "well you really screwed these up". luckily they tunned out OK.

The Conemaugh Line though i think its a great place for photos. there are spots on it you can get some really nice shots. especially now that the leaves are starting to turn. Granted it is not as busy at the Pittsburgh Main line ,but it still offers enough traffic to keep me interested. thanks again very much guys.

Todd