Outdated email notice
Every now and again I am getting notices of new posts that are a month or so old. According to the properties in the email they have just been sent. Not a big problem, but a glitch that needs to be checked. I changed mail servers because ATT was using Yahoo for email and wanted to be sure it wasn't Yahoo..
Charlie
One thing that might be causing this is that we frequently have spammers adding a post to an older or current thread, like this morning, "bigworld" posted in five different threads before we nailed him. Now, you would get notifications if you're subscribed to one of those threads, but we probably took out the spam before you got to read the thread. This happens on a regular basis, and thanks to an alert team of moderators, spam doesn't have a chance here, some lasting only minutes before it's dealt with. Spammers usually don't start new threads anymore, they constantly change their tactics and this is their current mode, and you frequently find the spam as a link in their signature.

I suspect that's what's happening to your notifications.

I would also like to thank those of you that report spam to us, it really helps us to keep our forums clear of this garbage. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yes sir Don, that would explain it. I myself have reported spam "as it happened" and it was removed in minutes.
So now I know the reason I won't worry about it.
I was hpoing they would add "spammers" to the hunting season this year, with no limit, but I didn't see them in the regulations. Goldth
Charlie B Wrote:Yes sir Don, that would explain it. I myself have reported spam "as it happened" and it was removed in minutes.
So now I know the reason I won't worry about it.
I was hpoing they would add "spammers" to the hunting season this year, with no limit, but I didn't see them in the regulations. Goldth
There is no license needed to hunt spammers and there is not limit or time of day you can hunt them. 2285_ Shoot It is open season all year long and between the alert members that report these guys, and our staff here at Big Blue that doesn't seem to ever sleep, they don't stand a chance regardless of how hard they try or what tricks they use. Cheers
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD