My Missabe layout
I got into modeling quite a few years ago with a train set for Christmas. I would always take a family vacation to Duluth MN. every summer, where I first saw the DMIR on one of these trips and became very interested. I gave a few attempts at layouts, and ultimately built a 4x12 layout with a 4x3 leg on one side. It wasnt real prototypical of any rr. I no more than completed it and realized it wasnt what I wanted. I am now working on the scenery of my 9'x20' DMIR layout, which is still waiting on an ore dock extension. I need to dig up a few of the old pics, but here are a few, and Ill try to post more later of the progress. Actually I cant find the pics. Ill get some up tommorow. Sorry.
Agree the Missabe was/is one of the most interesting small Railroads around.

[Image: 16.jpg]
Okay, I got some pics, Ill put up some before and afters.

Here is the engine maintence facility.

[Image: Copy2ofDSCN0212.jpg]
[Image: CopyofDSCN1029.jpg]
[Image: CopyofDSCN1632.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3112.jpg]
Here is the river.

[Image: Copy2ofDSCN0208.jpg]
[Image: Copy2ofDSCN0536.jpg]
[Image: CopyofDSCN2536.jpg]
[Image: CopyofDSCN2574.jpg]
[Image: DSCN3025.jpg]
Kevin, good to see you started a layout thread over here Misngth 2285_

Thanks for posting the pics, you did a GREAT job on the bridge and river scene Thumbsup Thumbsup

Look forward to seeing some more pics soon, keep up the good work Thumbsup Goldth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Thanks. Havent been on here or done anything really to the layout in almost two weeks. Christmas break hasnt been much of a break. Spent most of it dealing with truck breakdowns, and Im still not done with them! Nope
Hey man, glad to see you posting about your layout! Definitely looking forward to more pictures! Sucks about your truck breakdown, good luck with the fix!

- Dan
Nice job , what did you use for the water?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Dan85 Wrote:Hey man, glad to see you posting about your layout! Definitely looking forward to more pictures! Sucks about your truck breakdown, good luck with the fix!

- Dan

Thanks, with the truck its actually breakdowns, always a new one.
wgrider Wrote:Nice job , what did you use for the water?

The water is Woodland scenics realistic water. If you use it, or anybody reading this, MAKE SURE THE SPOT YOURE USING IT IN IS LEVEL!
KevinKrey Wrote:
wgrider Wrote:Nice job , what did you use for the water?

The water is Woodland scenics realistic water. If you use it, or anybody reading this, MAKE SURE THE SPOT YOURE USING IT IN IS LEVEL!
I've used it and most of it stayed in the river while the rest went down the layout leg and onto the floor 35
I have envirotex for the next time around.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Hey Kevin!

Just letting you know I made it over to the new site.Keep up the great work!

Chris
Hey Chris, glad you made it to the new site!! Welcome

Any new progress on the layout Kevin?
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Trucklover Wrote:Hey Chris, glad you made it to the new site!! Welcome

Thanks Josh!Nice to be here.

Chris
Hey Kevin,

Nice to see your layout over here. Thumbsup