Conrail Cabooses
GEC posted some Conrail caboose photos in one of his threads, and it got me to thinking about what I have. He mentioned some missing steps on a Bowser CR N5c, and that reminded me that I have one half-done in the box. I went over to the hobby shop and found the Cal Scale replacement steps that were substituted for the PRR cast steps during PC and Conrail days. These allow the longer-wheelbase roller bearing caboose trucks to be used on these cars. Here's a bottom view of progress:

I like to add Tichy curved caboose grabs to the sides of decorated Bowser cabins. I also put ACI labels on my CR cabooses -- they were used on the prototype until 1978, and while you can see CR cabooses without them, they don't seem quite complete.

Here's a P2K, I think an ex-CNJ. None of the northeastern P2K cars would be quite right for Conrail, but it's close enough, I guess:

Here's a Walthers N12, I think the same as what GEC has:

Here's an Atlas ex-Reading car. Some of these also went to D&H on C Day. Atlas also ran that version, and maybe I can post my D&H/B&M/MEC cars some other time.    
Definitely going to need to dig up those steps the next chance I get. I just picked up an article on Penn Central cabooses and how to model them, and I figure they could just as well apply to Conrail cabooses.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Here's the Walthers N12 as a PC cab:

I still need to paint the steps yellow. I got both my CR and PC versions when Walthers was clearing them out, at a price of I think less than $20. They are very accurate models, and at that price absolute bargains.