Respectable gingerbread train yard
Today at Oslo Central RR station they had a gingerbread train project, which quite a few kids (and adults) have taken part in. The yard ended up having a total of 617 cars and engines, about 670 feet of length total.

[Image: gingerbread.jpg]

Grin,
Stein
Who gets to take these home and eat them? Crazy, but unique Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Respectable? I'd say AMAZING!!! Where are the switch lists? Let's get those cars rolling to dining room tables! Thumbsup
Ralph
Well, there you go, no wonder there's butter shortage over here...! 357
Svein Wrote:Well, there you go, no wonder there's butter shortage over here...! 357

LOL - soon there will be a pepper "shortage", too - giving the media another non-event to bellyache about :-)

Don and Ralph - I don't know who gets the cars after Christmas - I would think probably the families of the small children who has helped make and decorate them.

But it was a cool idea to do something related to trains.

Grin,
Stein
What a great idea, and a great response!
That is outstanding!
Along the same lines as this thread,, we baked a "G" scale ( as in gingerbread ) version of the CNJ's Blue Commit.    
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
LOL - love the "G scale" cars !

Guess the one over here would be P scale - (Gingerbread train is "pepperkaketog" - "pepper cake train" in Norwegian). Not sure that P scale sounds quite as good as G scale :-)

Grin,
Stein
Great "G" scale trains, e-paw...and built from scratch, no doubt ! MMMmmmmmm ! Bob C.
James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."