Picture linking problem
UP SD40-2 Wrote:...the Gallery HERE isnt working for crap :o , the pics i have uploaded only show up half the time, then when i try and use them again, it says "picture size is undetermined" Curse , good thing we are NOT public yet, Houston, we have problems Nope . i had to upload this pic from Photobucket
I concur. My monorail thread...
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23">viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23</a><!-- l -->
I tried to add the exact same picture directly above it's twin. I compared pathnames and they are identical. However, when I submit or preview, I get, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."
It was working before... can you look into it please?
For that matter, I can no longer upload anything within the correct parameters without getting that message AND, I can not link to anything in the gallery without the same message.
I'd post a screenshot example but I can't get it to upload! :o
I'll try photobucket here in a sec.
Photobucket links still work...
[Image: jpgproblem.jpg]
I've been playing with this. It seems that it can not determine the size of the images when it tries to retrieve them from the gallery. I am thinking that the image.php script which is in the url doesn't not return the image size like a normal linked image. This is the same script that does the popup thumbnail gallery stuff.

If you create a gallery of images, you can use the 'album' bbcode button. It will show a thumbnail of the image and then you can click through it. For example, TrainNut's monorail image number is 7 (I found that from the url). I then can use the following bbcode to link to the album. Then when you click on the image, it should do a popup thing.

Code:
[album]7[/album]

Like so:

[album]7[/album]
Thank you for checking into that. Thumbsup I don't get why it won't do it now. It did several days ago. Wink The thumbnail tool is an option... just not one I care for too much. Nope If that's the only way to do it now, I'll be using Photobucket instead.
TrainNut Wrote:Thank you for checking into that. Thumbsup I don't get why it won't do it now. It did several days ago. Wink The thumbnail tool is an option... just not one I care for too much. Nope If that's the only way to do it now, I'll be using Photobucket instead.
Cheers
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
Apparently is has to do the the 800x600 inline image size restriction. If it doesn't check the image size, then it works. So after the discussion of limiting image file sizes and image dimensions, that restriction was put in place and it broke. Sad

Now maybe the guy who writes the gallery add-on to the forum software will fix this, but I think he intended the forum software to be used with the bbcode buttons up top.

I might be able to create another bbcode button to display the photos inline though. Hmmmm....

I'll look into that. Smile
Well - Could you or i turn it back to unlimited - just until we get it working again?????
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Well - Could you or i turn it back to unlimited - just until we get it working again?????

We could unlimit the image dimensions (setting them to 0x0 will be unlimited).

Another alternative would be for me to figure out how to put another bbcode button up that will do the same thing for our internal gallery. But people would need to use that button for our gallery stuff and the img button for outside stuff.
path Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Well - Could you or i turn it back to unlimited - just until we get it working again?????

We could unlimit the image dimensions (setting them to 0x0 will be unlimited).

Another alternative would be for me to figure out how to put another bbcode button up that will do the same thing for our internal gallery. But people would need to use that button for our gallery stuff and the img button for outside stuff.
Nuttin wrong with that. To be sure, that might be a handy feature.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thank you Path. Pictures are a huge part of the site for a lot of us.