Nice Compressor for Airbrushing
While shuffling through my local Home Depot during Christmas, I came upon a Huskie Compressor with several attachments. However, the one item that caught my eye was the fact that it came with a airbrush, hose and spray bottles. After closer examination, the airbrush appears to be a Badger built item in that it is a exact match, including internals for my Badger 350. My old 350 is on the left while the new item is attached to the compressor.

The compressor is variable air regulated from 10-100psi. The best thing was that the entire kit was 49.00 complete.

[Image: railroadlayout009.jpg]

Larry
How loud is that compressor though?
Kris
ATSF and C&N
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
My two hobby blog: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wargamesandrailroads.blogspot.com/">http://wargamesandrailroads.blogspot.com/</a><!-- m -->
porthos Wrote:How loud is that compressor though?

The box says Quiet Compressor at around 65 decibels. I had it running to break in the internals and found it to be very tolerable. With the total amount of coiled black compressor hose plus the clear airbrush line that attaches to the black line would allow you to stick it another room.

This also came with air attachment for blowing, a syphoning attachment and one other item plus the airbrush and bottles.
Looks good. I would recommend that you also get a small moisture trap and install it between the black hose and the clear hose. Here in So Cal, I do my model painting outside in the fresh air, so I mounted my moisture trap on a 3 foot long 1x6 board and just clamp the board in my "Workmate" when I paint. Any moisture in the air will be compressed by the compressor with the air and as the air in the tank cools, the moisture will condense. You don't want water drops in your paint. You also want to mount the moisture trap away from the tank because the moisture will continue to condense in the air line. Once you have your moisture trap, keep an eye on the moisture level in the bowl and drain it regularly to keep moisture out of your air brush.