Importing stuff from you know where.....
Dr. Wayne....On another thread you mentioned wanting to import a thread from its "old" home to this forum....
How would one go about doing this..?? There's a thread there I would like to "salvage" if at all possible..!! Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Gus, what i did was i went to the thread on the old forum and then copy and pasted the txt and pictures into a new thread.... of coarse you might have to do some minor editing along the way where you may have answered questions or comments others posted, obviously that wouldn't be included in the new post here most likely, unless its some important information you would like to share.... Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Pardon the ignoramusense....The thread I would post into would be here..? :oops:
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Pardon the ignoramusense....The thread I would post into would be here..? :oops:

Im not sure what you mean lol

Maybe im mis-interpreting your question?

On the zealot forum, go to the thread you would like to copy over here and copy the text and paste it into a new thread over here on the new gauge forum. The same would be done with the pictures.
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Thanks Josh....That answers my question.... 2285_
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:Thanks Josh....That answers my question.... 2285_

No problem Gus, glad i could help Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Gus, I've been doing some of this today, and have found that you can go to your post in the appropriate Zealot Forum, then click on the start of the text. While holding down the button on the mouse, use the cursor to scroll down to the end of that particular post (not the end of the thread), including any pictures that may be interspersed amongst the text, then hit "COPY" in your computer's "EDIT" function. Next, "PASTE" this info into a blank "Word" document - the photos will automatically be excluded. Continue to copy the text of your own posts, one at a time, in this manner, adding them to the "Word" document. If there are photos that you want to include within the body of the text when you re-post here, leave spaces where appropriate - I fill in a photo number or title in this space that will allow me to find the appropriate photos easily, while in the "Composition Window" here. You cannot, or more correctly, may not link photos from Zealot to this Forum. When you've placed all of the appropriate text in the "Word" document, go to the appropriate area here, and click on "NEW TOPIC", then "Paste" the document into the composition window. Add your photos, either from our own Gallery here, or photobucket or similar site, or as links from your own web site.
In my opinion, I don't think it's appropriate to copy any replies from others from your original Zealot Thread: you'll get lots of new ones here, and if the same questions arise, you can always copy your original reply and paste it into a reply here, or simply let someone else answer the question. After all, one of the main purposes of this Forum is the sharing of information: I'm already surprised at the replies I've received to the threads that I've brought here, especially from people that I thought had already seen the original.

Wayne
OK....Thanks Wayne....I tried the "copy/paste" method but got only text transferred...I see now I've got to "re-link" the photos, hopefully in their proper sequence.... :oops:

Thanks for the tip... Big Grin

P.D. I see where you've been doing some of this today....Great work.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).