silk purse / sows ear as it were
Sounds like that was a good deal , Mike .

I should probably take some of my own advice ..........while in tha car business , if there was an impass over a customers trade in , I would ask " what would you pay for it if you saw it for sale ?" .................................

...so, I guess I would pay about $50 for it ,so I'll use that as a starting point . I just know that the early resin kits were " quality challenged " , but it did take a bunch of work to bring it around .

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
If I were going to "make a silk purse"..... I'd have to start with several caterpillars.
If I were going to start with a sow's ear? ..... The best I could hope for would be a "nylon" purse.
Still, there's always the temptation to start with something cheap and almost useless, and turn it into something else, that's a thing of beauty.
That's just the nature of this hobby. 2285_ 2285_
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Then there's the fee for all the pleasure and fun you had doing the modelling -- do we charge you $15 an hour or only 5?
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
...Geez , my money is disappearing faster than you can say " esquesing and chinguacousy " Misngth

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.