Can we get a Tools Subsection?
One of the things I was thinking about was tools, figured this isn't specified in any section, but has a lot of potential in any scale and any situation. custom/home made/store bought, there's tons of threads that can be made and added to a subsection, perhaps under the Branchline section
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Sounds like it might be interesting Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I hope more agree Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

Yeah, I agree. Just about everyone at some time or another could use a special tool that someone else either knows about or knows how to make. There's workarounds and tools that don't do what they should and we need to share this info.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I support a tools subsection. Would be great to learn about unique sources of not so obvious tools and see others home grown tools to get a task done.
Reinhard
I agree too, and we should be able to add uses for tools that do things that they were not specifically designed for, the wire wheel and grinding foam is an example. Each post should mention the tool and the use in the header.
Charlie
I like the idea too, Cheers Good thinking Tom.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Would the addition of "Jigs", to tools, be acceptable? These are another thing that might be of help to all, and are "tools". in their own right.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Would the addition of "Jigs", to tools, be acceptable? These are another thing that might be of help to all, and are "tools". in their own right.
Probably "fixtures" would be more correct nowadays..
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
It has been created Smile Smile

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=45">viewforum.php?f=45</a><!-- l -->

Thanks for the idea, Tom!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Thank you. Amazing how fast a wish comes true at Big Blue.
Reinhard
Cheers
Yeah, funny isn't it when there's no corporation to check with, no multiple owners to chit-chat and bring an idea to committee.

................ just a member "suggesting"... me posting my "agreement" and Don coming in later confirming his "agreement"....

... and of course, it's always nice to hear from a few memebers, that they think it'll be a good addition too! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

We like to think that we're here for you, it's your forum, we're just here to keep order and sensibility. Like Mikey says, we don't have to check with anyone to make decisions like this. If we think it's of benefit, we do it... That simple.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I miss the "new topic" button in the tools sub section? Am I doing something wrong?
Reinhard
Very cool guys, I love this forum! Waveof7
Tom

Model Conrail