New detail parts for the high hood GP30's
Spent some time today adding the stripes to the Southern on the front and rear, as well as the step on the walk way. Then I decided to add the hoses to the front and rear of both engines. Finally, I made some home-made cut levers from standard staples, painted and attached those as well.

[Image: P1010210-1.jpg]

[Image: P1010225.jpg]

[Image: P1010229-1.jpg]
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Great Job.
I admire you N gauge fellows. the results are well worth the extra effort you have to put in.
Charlie
Mark,

Very nice job on the HH GP-30's. Thumbsup

Mark
Thanks!

I want to build that SD45 high hood! That's sure a good looking engine. Thumbsup
Mark

--and--
Hi Mark,

Assuming that you are talking about my avatar, it's an Athearn SD40-2. Santa was very nice to me this year. Misngth

Mark

Attached Files Image(s)

Woops...and SD40-2...still a great looking engine! Thanks for the picture. Cheers
Mark

--and--
The finishing touches to 2526 went on today...the number boards on the rear. I fixed the holes, painted, and added the decals. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can add a few more details, improve on what I've got so far, please let me know!

[Image: P1010261.jpg]

[Image: P1010271.jpg]

[Image: P1010264.jpg]

[Image: P1010247.jpg]

[Image: P1010237.jpg]

[Image: P1010232.jpg]

And as always...I'm open to all critiques and suggestions. Still learnin'.....
Mark

--and--
Looks like "time well spent" to me... that a good looking Geep 30!!!

Bob Worship
[
This is what Mark wants,

[Image: nssd45.jpg]

or maybe one like this one. :mrgreen:

[Image: emd2.jpg]

For the NS unit I used a LifeLike GP38? long hood.By the time I sanded all of the detail off the sides it was a perfect fit on the KATO.

For the EMD unit I bought it on Ebay as you see it.It has a Con Cor shell on a stretched KATO chassis.When I posted pics of it on the ATLAS forum the origonal builder could not believe it still existed. :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Nice work on them. GP30 are always a favorite of mine and you do two with high hoods!

I like your creative use of casual objects like staples... I often use them when I need special shaped grabirons!

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/