Roundhouse products
I've been trying recently to find an online catalog of Roundhouse kit and RTR freight cars. Unfortunately, Roundhouse's website has broken links for all their catalog items. Nope Weird huh? And I can't find a hobby shop website that carries them. Did Roundhouse go out of business? I heard they have been acquired by Athearn but I assumed their products were still being produced. Can anyone shed some light on this, and maybe knows where I can find some of their boxcars for sale? Thanks!
Kanawha Wrote:I've been trying recently to find an online catalog of Roundhouse kit and RTR freight cars. Unfortunately, Roundhouse's website has broken links for all their catalog items. Nope Weird huh? And I can't find a hobby shop website that carries them. Did Roundhouse go out of business? I heard they have been acquired by Athearn but I assumed their products were still being produced. Can anyone shed some light on this, and maybe knows where I can find some of their boxcars for sale? Thanks!

http://www.athearn.com/Products/HO/#rnd

Smile,
Stein
Unfortunately, it looks like Athearn ( Roundhouse/MDC ) will only release RTR, and, so far there is no indication that they will have the narrow gauge locomotive kits ( and that's a sad loss ).
Like the "good ole days", Model Railroading is once again becoming more and more a scratchbuilder's hobby, if you want to model other than the most popular railroads. I started there, and maybe it's fitting that I finish there ( well, actually I really never left there, but the kits were, " construction material " ).
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like Athearn ( Roundhouse/MDC ) will only release RTR, and, so far there is no indication that they will have the narrow gauge locomotive kits ( and that's a sad loss ).

Nor, does it appear, will they offer detail parts, their 3-in-1 kits, or the structure parts, all useful fodder for scratchbuilders and kitbashers. The Roundhouse/MDC turned-brass handrail stanchions for steam locomotives were among the best available, and reasonably-priced, too.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:Unfortunately, it looks like Athearn ( Roundhouse/MDC ) will only release RTR, and, so far there is no indication that they will have the narrow gauge locomotive kits ( and that's a sad loss ).

Nor, does it appear, will they offer detail parts, their 3-in-1 kits, or the structure parts, all useful fodder for scratchbuilders and kitbashers. The Roundhouse/MDC turned-brass handrail stanchions for steam locomotives were among the best available, and reasonably-priced, too.

Wayne

I wrote to them a few times about spare parts since the buyout and they never bothered to reply or send a notification. I wouldn't expect too much on that side.

Matt
Proudly modelling Quebec Railway Light & Power Company since 1997.

Hedley-Junction Club Layout: http://www.hedley-junction.blogspot.com/

Erie 149th Street Harlem Station http://www.harlem-station.blogspot.com/