Someone is close to 3000
Yep that's right somone here is close to 3000 post. Mikey is just one post away from that milemarker. He sure has alot to talk about or just thinks he does. Icon_lol This just shows you that this forum has been yet another big success for him. Here's to another 3000 post Mikey. Cheers
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/
Cheers Mikey!

I'll be Popcornbeer to see...! Wink

Andrew
That's quite a few posts!

EDIT - I just looked and I am over 2000?! I didn't think my total was that high!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:That's quite a few posts!

EDIT - I just looked and I am over 2000?! I didn't think my total was that high!
Yup, it don't take much to get a bunch of posts. I suppose that MIkey is going to want a party to celabrate joining the 3000 club. What he doesn't know is that initiation is that he buys dinner and drinks for everyone else in the club....Cheers

We are indeed fortunate here though, all kidding aside. We reached the 1,000 member mark at the end of last year, Thumbsup and we aren't that far away from reaching 100,000 posts. Thumbsup Thumbsup Both Mikey and I, plus all the mods are grateful for those that come here on a regular basis. We have a great group of modelers and just good friends sharing a second home here, so we're looking forward to having more of you joining the 3,000 club shortly. Welcome And don't worry, only admins are obligated to buy when they join, it's in the club rules. 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
that's a lot of posts. I haven't reached nearly as many, but that's not my goal. I only post if I've got a question, something to tell, or read something that I find interesting and want to reply (like this one :-) ). However, for my time is precious, and I try to balance my time in the hobby between actually working on modeling projects, and reading / surfing etc .

I do hope however, that Big Blue is going to be around for the foreseeable future, not so much because of the quantity of posts, but the quality of them . (work like that of Jon Grant, and many others here keep me coming back to this board and learn, I love to learn and admire ).

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Mikey! put #3k here Big Grin
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
At another forum I used to be a member at, the moderators were funny and liked to "mess with people". Whenever someone mentioned their post count, the mods would reset their post count to zero. Then it would start over again, and the mods kept a running list of who just got reset and what their post count was. Then, when the nest person that mentioned their post count got reset, they would give the last person back their posts, added to what they had gotten since reset. So there was never more than one member that was reset. It was all in good fun, and well known amongst the members, but every once in awhile someone would forget and mention their post count and get reset.

I only mention this because I think it is funny that I still live in fear of the reset, I don't even look at my post count, even though I don't even frequent that forum anymore, and I know things are different here! Cheers
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:At another forum I used to be a member at, the moderators were funny and liked to "mess with people". Whenever someone mentioned their post count, the mods would reset their post count to zero. Then it would start over again, and the mods kept a running list of who just got reset and what their post count was. Then, when the nest person that mentioned their post count got reset, they would give the last person back their posts, added to what they had gotten since reset. So there was never more than one member that was reset. It was all in good fun, and well known amongst the members, but every once in awhile someone would forget and mention their post count and get reset.

I only mention this because I think it is funny that I still live in fear of the reset, I don't even look at my post count, even though I don't even frequent that forum anymore, and I know things are different here! Cheers
You can put away your fears here since we have no way of tampering with anyone's post count. Nope Well, I guess we could if we were to delete all your posts, :o but no fear of that happening either unless you were a spammer. We take special delight in taking these guys down, and it's even more fun when they don't even have a chance to post (oh, we have ways of knowing) 357 To some people, post counts are like a badge of honor, but for the most part, we here just like to know that our members participate, it's quality no quantity that counts, and we have the best of that here. Thumbsup Thumbsup On the old forum, we used to congratulate members when they hit milestones of every thousand posts, but we haven't been doing that here. I guess we kind of either got lazy, or just felt it wasn't a key element for how this forum runs. Still, we welcome all posts because we can always learn a bit from each one, and that's one thing I've always said, we have quality here, not only as a learning tool, but many posts are just plain fun to read and a delight to see at all the photos. Welcome

Remember too, Mikey and I have high post counts because of some of our activity behind the scenes, in addition to what you see here. Smile On the other hand, Gary has set the pace for us all...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Oooooooooooo I've been WAY to busy!! I just saw this thread 35 35 35

Thansk Big Grin
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Big Grin Big Grin Hey Mikey, That was so 17 posts ago !! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
On one of the other forums I frequent, the post count doesn't include the "off topic" sectors (like Hobo's Camp). Some of our more prolific members might have no count at al!

Nice going Mikey. All we're missing is a number on the actual post.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Sumpter250 Wrote:Big Grin Big Grin Hey Mikey, That was so 17 posts ago !! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Those Ads are great!! Smile Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Thought you'd make that connection! Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!