New Cranes
Well as promised in chat last night, i said i would post some new pics of of my 2 new cranes i got off the UPS truck last night Misngth

There NZG models of Grove RT700E's. I got one of each for Kokosing and Keen Transport Inc. They are all metal diecast with real rubber tires and working hooks that raise and lower with the crank of spools with a special tool that is included with each crane. The Stabilizers extend and retract as well. The only thing that i dont like about them is that the stabilizer feet dont raise and lower, they are molded in the up position for on the road. But this is easily fixed with some lumber under them like in real life. I unwound one of the lines on the Kokosing Crane to see how long it was, and i was surprised at just how much line was in there on the reel, it goes down pretty far and would make a nice scene with the crane sitting up on a raised area picking up a load of steel down way below or something like that hehehe

Here are some pics of both of them on my CAT Rental Module working on the bridge extension scene lol. The Kokosing Crane is hard at work while the Keen is just sitting standing by in case things get backed up lol

[Image: SL372300.jpg]

[Image: SL372303.jpg]

[Image: SL372304.jpg]

[Image: SL372306.jpg]

[Image: SL372307.jpg]

[Image: SL372308.jpg]

[Image: SL372309.jpg]

[Image: SL372310.jpg]

[Image: SL372313.jpg]

[Image: SL372314.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Let the weathering commence!
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
i was all excited , hot and bothered then i realized it was one of your posts........cranes with rubber tires and travel on roads not on rails......how sad....
but they look nice i uess if you have to enjoy a second interest this one is okay......
nice new additions to your collection
Very nice!!

Val
tomustang Wrote:Let the weathering commence!

You got that right, now that i have some good powders, there next on the list to be weathered 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
stuart_canada Wrote:i was all excited , hot and bothered then i realized it was one of your posts........cranes with rubber tires and travel on roads not on rails......how sad....
but they look nice i uess if you have to enjoy a second interest this one is okay......
nice new additions to your collection

LOL sorry Stuart and thanks for the comments Goldth

Spitfire Wrote:Very nice!!

Val

Thanks Val, they are sweet!! I would recommend getting them to anyone who wants a nice looking crane Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Crane? did somebody mention cranes? 2285_

[Image: X29atwork.jpg]
Is that the Tichy crane? If so, how well did it go together? I am considering getting one, just never worked with Tichy products before.
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
Tom Wrote:Is that the Tichy crane? If so, how well did it go together? I am considering getting one, just never worked with Tichy products before.
Yep' its one of the older original Tichy Train kits.
The kit went together beautifully,only caution is you should have some goodly experience in advanced kits as its definitely not a shake the box kit ,will take a good week or more to complete.
But at the end you'll have almost a museum quality model....