Walthers Quality Investment Casting. Is the size right?
Ok this does not look like it's only 4 3.8 X 4 3/8..

It does look like it's 4 3/8 X 8 3/4.

I was thinking on buying this but when seeing the picture then seeing the dimensions on the box it pushed me away.

Quality Investment Casting (Modernized Front Building) 4-3/8 x 4-3/8 x 4-3/4"
Walthers Part # 933-3751, p. 416 Walthers 2009 HO Scale Reference
HO scale, $31.98, currently in stock at Walthers

[Image: 09330000003751.gif]
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
I think that may be the width and height, the other being the length. You could always cut it down for the space you need and make another building with the remaining parts or add another story or two.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
jmarksbery Wrote:I think that may be the width and height, the other being the length. You could always cut it down for the space you need and make another building with the remaining parts or add another story or two.
Yeah, maybe it's just the front half, with the back as another modular to buy and add on
Tom

Model Conrail

I suspect a typo. 4-3/8" X 4-3/8" X 8-3/4" is what it most likely should have been. The person entering the information must have been stuck in "4 X" mode.

The width and height are 4-3/8", and you could adjust the length as needed, with just a bit of "creative dissecting" Goldth .........................now, where's my razor saw!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:I suspect a typo. 4-3/8" X 4-3/8" X 8-3/4" is what it most likely should have been. The person entering the information must have been stuck in "4 X" mode.

The width and height are 4-3/8", and you could adjust the length as needed, with just a bit of "creative dissecting" Goldth .........................now, where's my razor saw!
I don't think you would have to use a saw since it's part of the modular system Goldth

It is funny because everyones advertisement just copied Walthers dimensions
Tom

Model Conrail

I'm probably wrong, but I think the Walthers modulars had just the one window configuration, pictured here, in a custom project I had the fun to build, and that the "quality Investment, is a "non-modular" kit.    
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:I'm probably wrong, but I think the Walthers modulars had just the one window configuration, pictured here, in a custom project I had the fun to build, and that the "quality Investment, is a "non-modular" kit.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
They did list it as one of the modular kits, like their 3n1 set <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3751">http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3751</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.walthers.com/exec/page/ho_n_modulars">http://www.walthers.com/exec/page/ho_n_modulars</a><!-- m -->

That's where I got confused since Walthers has the modulars listed ass the separate parts, but then added the Casting building and the 3n1 kits. I didn't want to buy the front of a modular building for $30 then have to buy more parts to make a complete building
Tom

Model Conrail

The 3 n 1 kits are great. You can build one of three different types of building with parts left over or you can redesign to suit your needs. The kit you refer to is built the same way.
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jmarksbery@aol.com">jmarksbery@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

W.C. & T. RAILROAD
N-Scale
Owner:
Col. Jim Marksberry
I stand corrected.
Quote:They did list it as one of the modular kits, like their 3n1 set

I used two, 3 in 1 sets for the project, with one Walthers stack, and some custom parts, (water tank, windows, doors, second floor walk over, and a covered conveyor, from GC Laser)