Steam over Leetown
Hello Everyone---I thought it was time to create a new thread and influenced by one of my favourite authors Ian Wilson I thought I would focus on the steam scenes in and around Leetown during the 1950's,the home terminal for the Canadian National and the Elora Gorge and Eastern Railroads on the Leetown Division.Even though I'll try to focus on the steam action,don't be surprised to see some first generation diesels and various passenger and freight equipment now and again.Hope you enjoy.

[Image: P1130353-1.jpg]

[Image: P1130349.jpg]

[Image: P1130347.jpg]

[Image: P1130346.jpg]

[Image: P1130331-1.jpg]

[Image: P1130326.jpg]

[Image: P1120553-1.jpg]
Nice! Are you going to get some narratives going as well? Wink Big Grin

Andrew
Hello Andrew---I wish I had Doctor Wayne's story-telling skills to make the photos more interesting but I guess that old saying " a picture is worth a thousand words" may have to do for now
Hello again---most of my pictures from Leetown have been taken in and around the Mary St. roundhouse,the coaling tower or the John St. engine house as these venues offer the best opportunities to catch all the non-stop action of the various steam and diesel locomotives as they arrive or depart from the yard.Recently I wandered into the north end of Leetown and caught some action off Victoria Ave. as P-5 0-8-0 # 8382 was busy switching cars at the factories in this neighbourhood

[Image: P1130645.jpg]
That last photo of the 0-8-0 is especially fantastic!

Thumbsup
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Hi Kevin---thank you for your generous comments :oops:
After completing her switching assignments on Victoria Ave. #8382 heads back over to the main yard where she will keep busy pushing hoppers to the coaling tower.

[Image: P1130711.jpg]
I love the CNR steamers. I really like Ian's books except for the fact that they are so gloomy... Sad While there is always a great description of what is going on on his chosen day (June, 1954), he always adds the little knife-twist: "...and three years from now, #1234 will be towed unceremoniously to a date with the cutter's torch." Nope :cry:

Andrew
Hello Andrew---that's one of the advantages of model railroading,no plans for scrapping any of your locomotives---NEVER Thumbsup
I like the side lighting on these more recent photos. I've noticed that flat-screen displays are brighter than my old CRT type screen, and stuff that seems a little dark on my screen turns out just fine on flat-screen displays (which creates a dilemma for me in how to edit my own photos). My guess is that these photos would look good on either type.
Back again---in this scene,S-3-A Mike 3736 has just returned from Port Maitland and is seen dropping off a covered hopper filled with sand next to the diesel fuelling facility.Waitng patiently on the shop track is MLW S-4 switcher 7985 with two tank cars filled with diesel fuel on her drawbar.She will add the hopper to her consist and then push the three cars into the service track where they will quickly be emptied into the holding tanks and sand storage bin.

[Image: P1130768.jpg]
Hello---due to the continued expansion of service between Port Maitland and Leetown,a major upgrade has been developed by the planning departments of the Canadian National and the Elora Gorge and Eastern railways.The work will include grade modifications and bridge construction east of Leetown.There will be no disruption of current service as the mainline between Port Maitland and Leetown will remain intact until the new line has been completed.The upgrades will be a boom to the local economy and workforce as many new jobs have been created---as well,both railroads will be adding extra trains to provide building materials for this ambitious project.Here's a shot of an extra rolling through Leetown which includes a couple of MOW cars heading to the work-site.

[Image: P1130771.jpg]
Nice additions! I see you are getting your feet wet with the story-telling as well... Big Grin Great stuff!

Andrew
So does this mean we get to see shots of other parts of your layout?