Mass Shooting at Colorado Theater
As some of you know, I'm a huge movie fan... Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Action flicks......

As such, I've attended about 50 "Premier events", since the mid 70's, including special press showings and opening night midnight shows..... exactly the same as this morning's showing in Colorado at 12:01 am......

... Our condolences and prayers go to those families and friends of the victims .....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I'd like to add my condolences too. We are just two days short of the first anniversary of the terrorist attack over here in Norway last summer. Having some loser comitt mass murder for moronic, meaningless reasons is a desperately sad thing. Why can't these shooter just go talk to a shrink instead of taking out their anger or whatever on innocent people?

Stein
This is yet another sad day for our nation. Our prayers go out to all those who were in the line of fire and to their families and friends. It is difficult to fathom anyone in their right mind doing such a thing and possibly just to gain notoriety, but a year from now and in years to come, people will only remember the victims and not the shooter. It's the same in every case like this. There are no preventative measures anyone can take against crimes like this, lest we turn into a police state. Regardless, this is a tragedy that will take yet another notch out of our freedoms.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
They would probably shoot the shrink (It happened here in New York about 1 or 2 years ago).

It's a recurring sad story where I am saddened by the loss of people and families just getting together for some quality time.

American culture really has to examine gun control laws. The 2nd Amendment was meant for citizens to take arms when there was no standing militia. While people will argue with me that guns are a necessity of life, there is no way of judging the mental state that the person picking up the gun is in. Innocent people end up suffering for merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I know a woman who called the cops when she was being attacked by her husband. The cops came and found a gun with a note saying he was going to kill her and her daughter.

There are cases where it is necessary to have weapons nearby such as when you live out in the country and need a weapon as defense against some of the local wildlife such as bears and wolf packs.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.
Mike Kieran Wrote:American culture really has to examine gun control laws. The 2nd Amendment was meant for citizens to take arms when there was no standing militia. While people will argue with me that guns are a necessity of life, there is no way of judging the mental state that the person picking up the gun is in. Innocent people end up suffering for merely being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think this is on the verge of being one of those discussions that are disallowed on most forums, in order to keep the peace. I just want to clarify that the 2nd amendment is about the right to bear arms for protection from your own government. Remember that our forefathers declared independence from their own government and then the American Revolution was a war between a government, and it's (soon to be former) citizens. When a government becomes too corrupt, we reserve the right as a people to separate from that government. The right to bear arms is about being able to form a militia of the people, to defend against the government and it's organised military.

Dave
-Dave
These events just break my heart.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Puddlejumper Wrote:I think this is on the verge of being one of those discussions that are disallowed on most forums, in order to keep the peace.

Dave
We're all watching it Smile Smile It's Ok to speak your own opinions and "peace of mind" here..... If any action needs to be taken it will....

In the meantime, I agree with the above.. If someone rear ends a vehicle and kills the person in said vehicle, No one blames Ford or Chevy... They blame the idiot that rear ended the person..

........ Not so much with guns..... Go figure....... They head right to the 2nd Ammendment debate or to the laws...

But yes, the general 'free' public has a right to protect themselves against the taking of their freedom, weather from a house robber, a rapist, a carjacker, a mugger or the Government itself.....

but as has been seen time and time again, people mis-use that right to take innocent lives for their own personal reasons...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Yeah, this could turn into a debate about guns and gun rights, but it shouldn't. It rightfully should center on those victims, their families and friends. Many of us use guns responsibly to hunt, for protection and as I do, simply for the fun of target practice. I wish there was a foolproof way to keep any and all weapons out of the hands of those kooks and criminals. It's a pity, for no matter what you do, they'll still find ways. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but there has always been violence from the dawn of time, man against man, animal against animal, sometimes for survival, sometime for no rational reason. It shouldn't have to be this way.............
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Yes, we should concentrate on the story... From Denver post:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://live.denverpost.com/Event/Aurora_Theater_Shooting_July_20_2012">http://live.denverpost.com/Event/Aurora ... ly_20_2012</a><!-- m -->
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

I have been swimming in the eye of a category three Hurricane, and have ridden them out on the high seas.
I can appreciate just how precious, and tenuous life is.
My heart, my thoughts, my prayers go out to the families, and friends, of the victims of this senseless slaughter.
I need only to imagine it happening to one of my children, to have a small sense of the pain they feel.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I apologize for sounding like a soapbox. This is a very touchy subject to me. Needless killings are a very touchy subject.

I've known people killed needlessly like this. To speak to them hours before they are killed is a horrible feeling. The average couple of people murdered hardly rates news coverage, but it happens. Like Don says, It shouldn't have to be this way.

My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims and the recovery of the survivors is going to be tough. All I can say is to appreciate life and to thank whatever higher power one follows for every moment we spend with our friends and loved ones.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Mike Kieran Wrote:I've known people killed needlessly like this. To speak to them hours before they are killed is a horrible feeling. The average couple of people murdered hardly rates news coverage, but it happens. Like Don says, It shouldn't have to be this way.
I understand and sympathize completely, I have spoken to a few people only to hear of their sudden passing a few hours later. Not by violence, thank goodness.. but by other causes...

It really is a deep set horrid feeling...
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Just enjoy life while you can.
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

Very sad news indeed...there's no words for it...but I hope the survivors heal and comfort comes to the families of those that were killed.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Horrible story. I see we're starting to hear hints that the shooter had some mental health issues..how could some one who would do such a thing not have mental health issues? Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Ralph