GEC B-47
GEC stated at one time that he had a model kit for a B-47. A little over 55 years ago I worked on instrument flight training for B-47 pilots. I used to do quite a bit of model building at that time. I built a model of the B-47 simulator and the base paper had to have a picture. I wish they had got more of the model in , but you know how stupid GIs are.

This was in the early days when the B-47 was THE KING of the bombers. Do you think you'll ever get that kit built?

Lynn

Attached Files Image(s)

Whitehouse, Tx
The B-47 was a great airplane! It had the seeds of the B-52 built right in it and and changed the very fiber of the USAF into high altitude, strategic bombing. That plane paved the way for faster tankers (the Boeing 707 design was first made as a tanker to refuel the B-47 fleet), faster fighters and interceptors. Plus, Strategic Air Command with Jimmy Stewart is a great movie highlighting that plane too. Good looking model as well.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Yeah, Mark.The B-47 got things really going on the Jet bomber bit. That was in the days of the F-86, early 50s. I got a kick out of listening to the pilots talking about the F-86s asking to make combat passes for training. When they got tired of that, and had to get on with training, they'd just shove the throttles forward and go off and leave them. F-86s could never catch them.

I wish GEC had answered. I'm still curious if he ever built that B-47 model.

Lynn
Whitehouse, Tx