My Hometown
Hello Everyone---here's a few shots taken today at Bayview

[Image: 001a.jpg]

[Image: 002a-1.jpg]

[Image: 003-1.jpg]

[Image: 006.jpg]

[Image: 008a.jpg]

[Image: 010a.jpg]
Hi cn nutbar, I'm glad to see you were out and about. Great pictures, thanks for posting them.
Charlie
Mister Nutbar! Glad to see you posting! Thumbsup Big Grin

That's an odd jog in the tracks there in the third photo! Confusedhock:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Cheers

And I had originally put one of those on my layout and everyone said it didn't look right!! 357
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Hi Charlie and biL---Thanks for your comments---it was a good day even though the traffic was light.I met a fellow railfanner which is very typical as there always seems to be someone at this location watching trains.He was an 86 year old gentleman who kept me entertained with stories about his memories of railfanning at this same location when steam engines were in abundance---I was so interested in his stories I almost missed a picture of one of the trains---I can only hope and pray that I will make it to 86 and relate (even remember) my train knowledge to some "youngsters".
biL---this location has seen some changes in the track plan over the past few years due to the expansion of GO Transit into Hamilton---here's a few pictures from the past showing how things used to be not that long ago with only 2 straight mainlines heading into Hamilton.The switches to the right have remained intact.Now there are three tracks,a slight jog to the right and also a bit of a dip in the track---trains heading out of Hamilton really have to work hard to climb this incline making this spot one of my favourite locations to watch trains

[Image: img850.jpg]

[Image: img833.jpg]

[Image: VIA6445withtrain.jpg]

[Image: img894.jpg]
Hello All---hope I'm not wearing out my welcome by posting some more photos taken in and around my hometown

[Image: img940.jpg]

[Image: img019.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns5038.jpg]

[Image: CNunitswithtrain.jpg]

[Image: img983.jpg]

[Image: VIA6441.jpg]

[Image: 2009ns4013.jpg]
Hey Nutbar . Great shots . I havnt been there in awhile but have many photos myself. The one you posted of the 4 CP geeps . The last unit is ex TH&B # 72 renumbered 1682. Its nice to see photos of them . Just wish they were stillTH&B. Hope you post more. MartyG
MartyG Wrote:Hey Nutbar . Great shots . I havnt been there in awhile but have many photos myself. The one you posted of the 4 CP geeps . The last unit is ex TH&B # 72 renumbered 1682. Its nice to see photos of them . Just wish they were stillTH&B. Hope you post more. MartyG

I'm not at home, so I'm unable to post an older photo of the 72. However, here's a shot of sister 73, still in her original, albeit weathered, paint:
[Image: THB73atChathamSt-circamid-80s.jpg]

Wayne
Hello Marty and Wayne.Here's one of TH&B's switchers taken at Chatham St.

[Image: 2009ns4010-1.jpg]
Another look at the 51, also at Chatham St.:
[Image: THB51atChathamSt-July86-view8.jpg]

Here's sister 55, in helper service, approaching Vinemount. She was cut off there at the passing siding and returned light to Hamilton.
[Image: THB55andPC8045nearingthesummitatVin.jpg]

Wayne
cn nutbar Wrote:Hello All---hope I'm not wearing out my welcome by posting some more photos taken in and around my hometown

"Wearing out my welcome"? No way! Keep posting the photos! Surely there is something in them that someone will gain from. And I enjoy seeing them.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
CN Nutsbar ... the thread is called "My Hometown1" And so you actually take photos in your Hometown and other people ... ehh ... maybe not so much. And we should be upset with you why? :?

Keep 'em comin', Eddie Boy! Some of us are likin' 'em! Cheers Cheers
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
I wish I had a train watching spot like that near me. Great photos.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Hey Wayne and Nutbar. Great pictures. In the late 70s I lived about 4 blocks from the roundhouse. I guess it was about the time cp took over. I could hear the trains leaving Aberdean yard late at night from my bedroom window . I would head over to the roundhouse with my old Brownie in hand off to get some photos of whatever happened to be in the area. Years later I lived in a house right beside the beltline heading for the steel companies. Trains all hours of the day or night. My back door was 10 feet from the tracks. I enjoyed every minute of it .One night about 2:30 am I was woke up by a very low engine rumble and was surprised to see 2 SW-9s parked beside my back door.They had left them there clear of the crossing relay and walked up 2 blocks to the donut shop( Tim Hortons) I guess for a coffee and something to eat . I was at the backdoor when they came back .I hollard over to the guys COFFEE TIME .They nodded and the hogger came over to the fence and said he hoped the locos hadnt woken me .I said yeh and he could leave them there anytime they wanted. After that if I was ever outside and they went by I always got a toot as they went by. Ahh the good old days. I have a picture of my Dad in his loco I will post as soon as I find it . Keep posting . MartyG
Hello Marty---looking forward to seeing the picture of your father.My father was an engineer on the CNR until the late fifties---I only wish I had a picture of him in the cab of a steam engine or even a diesel---I have even tried going through Ian Wilson's excellent books ,often using a magnifying glass,but although I think I might have found his picture,I can't be sure it's really him.Glad you're enjoying the pictures---a special thanks to all who have contributed,particularly Doctor Wayne who has some outstanding photos from this area---hope to see some of your pictures soon