Part of the Board is missing
When I open Big Blue the line under the board index is missing
It is where you log in, FAQs, Profiles etc are sitting.
I think I can see the beginnings of the titles of the sections on the edge of the page but I cant seem to adjust the screen to show the missing sections.
I am running a mac OS X 10.8. My other devices have no probs.

Below is what I can see

[Image: dc3f4520.jpg]

Any Clues please??

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
I am running Mountain Lion with Safari 6 too. But this problem did not pop up so far.
Reinhard
Yes Reinhard I run safari 6 here too.
Further investigation......
Firefox has the same problem for me.
And it is OK on MS Windows with firefox.
Seems it must therefore be in my computer somehow..

Jack 219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Might be you have unintentionally blocked the header of the page with AdBlock?
Reinhard
OBJack Wrote:Yes Reinhard I run safari 6 here too.
Further investigation......
Firefox has the same problem for me.
And it is OK on MS Windows with firefox.
Seems it must therefore be in my computer somehow..

Jack 219
There doesn't seem to be any problems on this end, so it looks like it could be closer to your end. I run Firefox on Win7 and all is well. You might try a reboot to see if that doesn't fix things.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Thanks Reinhard, you got me thinking ... I don't have adblock, but you have helped in solving my problem.
There has been Kaspersky ( the internet protection software ) running and annoying the heck out of me asking me to me subscribe each time the computer starts up, and I just click on the quit button and it goes away. ( or so I thought)
But on looking in Safari's preferences/extensions there is Kaspersky's URL adviser, clicked on disable and .... bam ....all good.
Big Blue is back big time. 2285_

Sorry for the trouble Don.

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
OBJack Wrote:Thanks Reinhard, you got me thinking ... I don't have adblock, but you have helped in solving my problem.
There has been Kaspersky ( the internet protection software ) running and annoying the heck out of me asking me to me subscribe each time the computer starts up, and I just click on the quit button and it goes away. ( or so I thought)
But on looking in Safari's preferences/extensions there is Kaspersky's URL adviser, clicked on disable and .... bam ....all good.
Big Blue is back big time. 2285_

Sorry for the trouble Don.

Glad you found the cause, and don't worry about it, no trouble, that's what we're here for.... Thumbsup
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Just another thought........... If you aren't using Kaspersky - then go to "Add/Remove Programs" and remove it Smile Smile I had an issue with a program (SweetIM) that I disabled and it kept coming back Confusedhock:

I had to search for the program folder and delete it to get rid of it....
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Just another thought........... If you aren't using Kaspersky - then go to "Add/Remove Programs" and remove it Smile Smile I had an issue with a program (SweetIM) that I disabled and it kept coming back Confusedhock:

I had to search for the program folder and delete it to get rid of it....
Had the same problem with Norton on one of my machines. When I tried to disable of it, MSWord wouldn't work right (beats me why not Icon_lol ), so I had to leave it on since I was afraid if I deleted it, I wouldn't be able to recover if I needed to. This machine I have right now came with Norton, I am just careful never to enable it. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thanks Mikey, good call. Eradicated from the system.
I think it came as a trial run with the computer and I never bothered to sign up after it expired.
Don, I run Norton on the MS windows part of the Mac and have never had any trouble with it ( everything is crossed, touch wood, etc ).
It all goes to show the devious ways software will strike you where you least expect. I'm sure, deep in it's ascii bowels, it is all designed to crash or work in mysterious ways just to show us who is Boss. Wallbang

Jack 219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
OBJack Wrote:Thanks Mikey, good call. Eradicated from the system.
I think it came as a trial run with the computer and I never bothered to sign up after it expired.
Don, I run Norton on the MS windows part of the Mac and have never had any trouble with it ( everything is crossed, touch wood, etc ).
It all goes to show the devious ways software will strike you where you least expect. I'm sure, deep in it's ascii bowels, it is all designed to crash or work in mysterious ways just to show us who is Boss. Wallbang

Jack 219

Sometimes I wonder if these programs don't have a mind of their own and pick and choose who to bug and who to leave alone. My nemesis has always been Norton, even when I paid for it for a few years. Now when it shows up as bloatware, I am still plagued by it. Curse
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Norton causes so many problems it isn't worth having. I have seen virus's do less damage. I had a lady that we knew that used to call me with computer troubles, and every time it was caused by Norton.. I would uninstall and set up AVG free, then her son, a "geek" would show up and reinstall Norton and uninstall avg. I would get a call in a week or so.. I finally told her to just have her son fix it since she obviously didn't think I knew what I was doing.
Last I heard she had bought a new machine, and it came with Norton all ready installed. I don't think it is the anti-virus section of the program, but the extra add ons that are supposed to keep your computer from crashing.
Charlie B Wrote:Norton causes so many problems it isn't worth having. I have seen virus's do less damage. I had a lady that we knew that used to call me with computer troubles, and every time it was caused by Norton.. I would uninstall and set up AVG free, then her son, a "geek" would show up and reinstall Norton and uninstall avg. I would get a call in a week or so.. I finally told her to just have her son fix it since she obviously didn't think I knew what I was doing.
Last I heard she had bought a new machine, and it came with Norton all ready installed. I don't think it is the anti-virus section of the program, but the extra add ons that are supposed to keep your computer from crashing.
Yeah, I love it when people ask for your advice, then do what they like. My youngest son is constantly calling either me or my other son for a way out of some mess that he created, then proceeds to get himself into another mess because he didn't listen in the first place. As for Norton, I used to swear by it, until one day I tried to remove it and no matter what I did, it kept popping back up telling me that it was sure that I didn't mean to disable it. I likened it to stepping into a pile of you-know-what, and no matter what you do, you can never get rid of it all and the stink never goes away. Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and