Tyson Rayles
We were wondering why we haven't seen Tyson Rayles (Mike Goad) around here these past few week, when we just learned that Mike has been in the hospital for a while now. It was reported by his step son during Mike's examination they found a growth on his lungs and he was placed in ICU and on a ventilator. Mike has been part of the model railroading scene for a long time, he has been with original The-Gauge forums, and here at Big Blue since their inceptions.

We all wish the best for Mike and hope you all will keep him in your prayers for a quick and complete recovery. We have no contact information yet, but will let you know when we do.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything from Mike lately . Let's hope and pray that all goes well . Thanks , Don , and do keep us posted .

Terry
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
It's always sad news to hear when a "family member" is going through some tough times---my thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery Mike
I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything from him in a while. I hope everything goes well for him.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Just an update, but the word from Mike's stepson is that right now he is not responsive, so they're not able to work on him until he is. We will keep you posted as we here anything.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Here is hoping we (and his family) will get good news, and soon.

Stein
Let Mike know I'm pulling for him. I am planning a visit next time I'm in NC, and we had a few PM's last month. I sure do want to meet him.
I'll put him in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
Charlie
Thoughts and prayers for Mike. I wish there was a way we could convey them to him.
If we can put a lighter note on this, the last time Mike was in hospital, a lot of Gaugers were calling up asking to talk to Tyson Rayles.

It's awful when the doctors have to delay treatment.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Just a quickie update, but we have this word as of late yesterday:

Quote:They've taken Mike off of the ventilator and he is breathing on his own.
Vince says he's not breathing very well but hopefully that will improve soon.

Let's hope he gets to the point where he can get the treatment he needs from the doctors there.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
A step in the right direction , I guess . C'mon Mike , you can do it !

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
Well Mike, good friend, that was not the wind whispering through the Nantahala National Forest, that was a sigh of relief that there is hope of your recovery, and return to "the community". Your friends are "in your corner", "have your back", and are praying for your recovery. Stay strong, see you when you get back.
Pete
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Mike, I echo what Pete said, I too am praying for your recovery, and fast...
Charlie
I don't do the prayer thing, Mike. I wish you well and you'll be in my thoughts.

Best, Pete.
Hey Mike,

I'm sending good thoughts your way for a full recovery.

Mike
Mike Kieran
Port Able Lines

" If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be " - Yogi Berra.