Anyone else finding threads in which the member avatars don't load? It seems kind of random. Only a few threads have that problem for me lately.
Ralph
...including this thread! I noticed my avatar didn't load after I submitted my post.
Same observation here. Some avatars are blanked out in various threads

ps. I see my own but not Ralph's avatar after submission here
Reinhard
Mine was missing, but I simply uploaded it again - I dunno where it went, and I had to spend some time tracking it down in my computer files. 35

Wayne
Mine's OK but then ...guess it's because I'm Canadian , eh ? Goldth

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
teejay Wrote:Mine's OK but then ...guess it's because I'm Canadian , eh ? Goldth

T

No way, you hoser. My Ca-knucklehead status must've been revoked, eh? Misngth

Wayne
Whats really strange is that when i look at the web site from my phone my avatar is there Thumbsup ,,,but it doesn't show up from my home computer. Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Try clearing your caches.. Microsoft did a few dozen updates in the last 2 days Sad Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:Try clearing your caches.. Microsoft did a few dozen updates in the last 2 days Sad Sad

That's always step one when there's a problem like this. Clear your cache, and even your cookies usually helps.

Oh, love those "critical" updates in the middle of the night, then finding out that nothing works like it should when you have no idea what the heck happened. Wallbang Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
I did clear the cache but it did not change anything on Safari running on my iMac.
Reinhard
Googled it and found 2 possible solutions:

~~~ Re-activate the avatars in the Admin Control Panel of the Bulletin Board - I did this Big Grin

~~ From a troubleshooting site:
Re: Some User Avatars Does Not Load in Safari

Post by: Alien_Time » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Here is an update on this issue. The users having this problem deleted their avatar and re-uploaded it once again from their computer and then it worked. Now its visible in all browsers. Not sure what was causing this problem, but re-uploading the avatars worked.

~ The forum noted that some of the avatars disappeared in Safari, but were still visible in Mozilla. Which I took the "Phone" comment above to be a confirmation.

Now the question is, do both of you have Safari? and did both of you do a recent update??
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
I don't have Safari.

I think I'll try reloading my avatar pic
Just got off the phone with Doc Brown .........your going to need about 100 Canadian gigawatts to fuel the flux capacitor so as to solve the avitar problem once and for all .....that , or move to Canada where we sol-ved THAT problem eons ago .

Don't thank me , it's the least I could do , eh ?

T
To err is human, to blame it on somebody else shows management potential.
I hadn't seen any indications of this problem as of Yesterday, have to see if avatar loads with this post.
Thumbsup looks like it does.
Filthy Curse of the dayweekmonthyearcentury ? - - - - - "Software !!!" Curse
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
teejay Wrote:Just got off the phone with Doc Brown .........your going to need about 100 Canadian gigawatts to fuel the flux capacitor so as to solve the avitar problem once and for all .....that , or move to Canada where we sol-ved THAT problem eons ago .

Don't thank me , it's the least I could do , eh ?

T

Yes, we've got flux in abundance:

[Image: Morefull-sizedGERNfoe-toes004.jpg]

[Image: FauxFlux72-1.jpg]

Wayne