What I've been up to.
Hi guys.

So for the last several weeks I have been doing a lot of track work on the club layout. Part of this project involved me rebuilding the throat for our staging area known as "Consumers".

I ended up building four switches for this section which included 3 # 6 turnouts and 1 # 6 three way turnout. The project involved basically cutting a template using the old throat which was nothing more then a 1/2" sheet of Homasote which went through a wall into our furnace room staging. My throat would use some 3/4 ply with some Homasote glued and laminated to the plywood base. I don't have too many in progress shots, but did take some pictures.

[Image: IMG00267-20110828-2330.jpg]

I initially thought I was going to need two three ways as that was what the previous set up included. However it lead to some pretty wonky track geometry. So I simplified the set up and gave the North Track the three way while the South Track used a # 6.

[Image: IMG-20121011-00326.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20121011-00327.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20121011-00328.jpg]

Once I started laying out the throat one thing I did not like was how the # 5 RTR turnouts affected the track alignment coming off the # 6 ones I made. So I added the two additional # 6 turnouts and was able to satisfy my picky requirements.

[Image: IMG-20121117-00342.jpg]

Fast forward a bit and the throat has been installed and the yard table has been put back in place. Yesterday I was able to reconnect most of the 11 staging tracks, numbered # 0 to # 10. This morning I returned and finished up connecting the remaining staging tracks as well as install two more Tortii on the deck.

[Image: IMG-20121118-00343.jpg]

There is still a fair bit of work to get done, I have finish installing some feeders and "enhance" the structure a bit more, but this is almost nearing the end.

We are hosting CARM this Tuesday, and we have our two Winter Shows starting this Sunday, November 25th and December 2nd. If you happen to be close by Scarborough pop by and have a look. Details below. Admission is $5.00 for Adults, $3.00 for the kids. Ask for Shane, introduce yourself, and I'll be sure to give you the 25 cent tour so to speak. Wink

Scarborough Model Railroad
17 Jeavons Ave.
Scarborough, Ont.
Canada

http://www.scarborough-model-railroaders...actUs.html
Nice handy work you did there. Cheers
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew