what favorite model maker
we already had the model company maker...so what locomotive type do you perfer for post steam age modeling? EMD? Alco? GE? other?
i perfer the looks of a GE unit but my model collection is mostly EMD , i have to fix that lol
stuart
I am heavy in the Modern Era of Modeling. I like those BIG Diesels and modern rolling stock, as well as modern trucks and construction equipment.

I like the looks of both the larger locos in the EMD and GE line-up, SD70MAC's, SD80MAC's, SD90/43MAC's SD70M's AC4400CW, AC6000.... Misngth but i also like some of the smaller locos like the EMD GP50, SD50/60, GP38-2, SW1200 and SW1500, and i also like the GE 70-Tonners and the Dash 9's
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
I guess the only way for me to answer this is in the order of "Population" in my diesel collection. EMD, then Alco, then FM. I have one GE, a C&NW Dash 9, that I kitbashed from a Dash 8 40C, using a Rail Power chassis. It was one of only two Dash 9's at the 1994 Trainfest, and the only one running on a layout. (the other was in the Overland display case, not yet released.)
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
As I model CN and CP in the mid-50s, my favourite would have to be the Mikado as a freight hauler, and SW900 for switching duties. Unfortunately, no one makes any proper Canadian style loco's, except in bra$$. The most obvious problem is the lack of the all-weather cab, and this has been an on-going issue for me.

I am really hoping now that Rapido Trains have announced their first locomotive, an F-unit IIRC, they might make a Canadian steam engine, preferably the Mike.

cheers
Val