The "Good Old Days" of Model Railroading
Tyson Rayles Wrote:I think there is no such thing is the good ol' or bad ol' days. No matter what time you pick there are both good and bad things to be said about whatever time you are talking about. Take now for example. We have a bigger and better selection of most everything from scenery materials to boxcars. Command control systems have never been better or had more bells and whistles. So does that make today the good ol' days? Not for me. Why? Price, the cost of almost everything in the hobby has gone up wayyyyyy faster than inflation. They said on the news that in the USA the average income has decreased over the last 4 years by 10%. Have we seen a 10% decrease in the cost of MR supplies? Nope and then when you factor in outside cost factors like the price of gasoline doubling during that same time period along with the increase in the cost of everything else as well it doesn't leave many hobby $$$$$. On the other hand I wouldn't want to go back to the days of dyed sawdust for grass.

PS: If you don't agree with this post you are a b*tthead Curse

PPS: The PS is only an effort to keep this topic as a "possible exciting controversy" . Icon_lol

I guess I'm a butt head.Naw.

I hardly think running a layout with a bank of 12 volt car batteries would be consider "good old days".. Icon_lol

I can not fathom what it was like back then.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
These are your "good old days".