Minor glitch with the "center" function
I have found that, if I use:
the center function, and don't put a couple of spaces before, and after the thing I want centered
:o

or if I go back and edit a post that has the center function used, and don't re-add the spaces, I will get:

:o
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Yup, I have found the same thing if I don't put a space in front of the first smiley, I get the HTML equal:

no spaceWaveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7

and with a space Waveof7 Waveof7 Waveof7

I don't know if it's something worth pursuing or what, I usually just wind up editing in a space after I realize it doesn't look right. Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Hmmm. I never noticed the problem, but I always put a space, sometimes several, between the words and smilies.
As for the "center" thingy, I didn't realise that it was the same thing as a "centre" thingy, but I usually just use the space bar when I want something sorta centred. Misngth
In fact, I don't use most of the buttons in that row of options, only - B, i, u, occasionally the "font colour" (nice to see it spelled correctly, by the way) and very seldom, the "font size" option.

Wayne (I'm the "Stupid" in K.I.S.S. when it comes to computers)
doctorwayne Wrote:Hmmm. I never noticed the problem, but I always put a space, sometimes several, between the words and smilies.
As for the "center" thingy, I didn't realise that it was the same thing as a "centre" thingy, but I usually just use the space bar when I want something sorta centred. Misngth
In fact, I don't use most of the buttons in that row of options, only - B, i, u, occasionally the "font colour" (nice to see it spelled correctly, by the way) and very seldom, the "font size" option.

Wayne (I'm the "Stupid" in K.I.S.S. when it comes to computers)

Hey, we like to think that we're an intercontinental diverse forum, but even my spell checker says that it isn't spelled right. Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Everybody knows you spell colour, colar! Icon_lol
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
The preceding and following spaces are mandatory as of a few updates ago Smile any smiley uses the :colons: to trigger the changeover to: Big Grin

As shown by Don, if you don't put the spaces before and after the graphic you confuse the software and we all know that's a bad thing!!!! Eek

Also, something that plagues me when I post Birthday messages.. If you put the space before the graphic, it "stays" when you edit the post. But the following space disappears Wallbang So when editing a post you have to be sure to re-insert the space.... And no - it's a text editor vs software thing, it's just something we have to live with Sad
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ngauger Wrote:if you don't put the spaces before and after the graphic you confuse the software and we all know that's a bad thing!!!! Eek Sad

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I LOVE to confuse the software !! 357 357 357 357
It pleases me to know that the guy who wrote it didn't ask " what if " enough times before releasing it !! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:if you don't put the spaces before and after the graphic you confuse the software and we all know that's a bad thing!!!! Eek Sad

Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted I LOVE to confuse the software !! 357 357 357 357
It pleases me to know that the guy who wrote it didn't ask " what if " enough times before releasing it !! Icon_twisted Icon_twisted

Technical people sometimes design with blinders on that means engineers as well as programmers.

"Now, if you push buttons A, B and C in that order, you will get the desired results", says the engineer.

"But, I pushed A, C, D then B and there was this puff of smoke from inside :?, why?"

"No, no, you pushed them all wrong, the system wasn't designed for that...... you confused it and it's all your fault for not reading the 650 page instruction manual that I wrote Curse "

Yup, seen it happen many times. Icon_lol Icon_lol
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
On one of the machines I used to maintain, there was a " key stroke ", two keys, that if pushed at the same time, would format the hard drive of the on-board computer!
357 357 357 That was not a "glitch", That was disaster !! :o Eek , because it wiped out all the customer's programs that were loaded into the printer. Icon_twisted Icon_twisted
It's the "W's" - - Why, and What If, that absolutely, positively, MUST be asked and answered. ALWAYS !
If they aren't? - - - - Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Icon_twisted Welcome, to the Twilight Zone.