Poll: What are some of your other hobbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scale modeling-other than trains
6.15%
12 6.15%
R/C-cars, planes, boats
3.08%
6 3.08%
Geocaching
1.03%
2 1.03%
Construction
3.08%
6 3.08%
Woodworking
5.64%
11 5.64%
Electronics
6.15%
12 6.15%
Art
3.08%
6 3.08%
Automobile restoration
4.62%
9 4.62%
Target shooting-guns/bow & arrow
6.15%
12 6.15%
Writing-poems or stories
1.03%
2 1.03%
Cooking, baking
4.10%
8 4.10%
Sewing, knitting, crocheting
0%
0 0%
Sports-indoor
0.51%
1 0.51%
Sports-outdoor
2.05%
4 2.05%
Motorsports
4.10%
8 4.10%
Photography
7.69%
15 7.69%
Music
6.67%
13 6.67%
Jewelry making
0%
0 0%
Reenactment
0%
0 0%
Mind games- such as crosswords or chess
1.03%
2 1.03%
Collecting (other than trains)
7.18%
14 7.18%
Other hobby not on this list (let us know)
7.69%
15 7.69%
Fishing/hunting
3.59%
7 3.59%
Hiking/jogging/running
2.56%
5 2.56%
Gardening
2.56%
5 2.56%
Video gaming
6.15%
12 6.15%
Stamp/coin collecting
2.56%
5 2.56%
Astronomy
1.54%
3 1.54%
Total 195 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What are your other hobbies
Chet Wrote:Just arrived ! Talk about scarey fast

Next vacation is planned to be in Idaho? I read there is the only section of interstate in the US without any speed limit Smile
Take care and drive save!!!
Reinhard
The Shelby GT 500 is discontinued. This one won't see too many miles. Any long trips I take the Impala is the choice. I can actually get over 30 mpg with the rear end gear and 6 speed overdrive tranny. The Mustang is rated somewhere near 22 mpg.

There is no interstate area in Idaho without a speed limit. Thanks to the feds. We didn't have a speed limit in Montana until Nixon dropped it to 55. when that law was resended, we did not have a speed limit. The speed was stated as reasonable and prudent. After scores of out of staters killing themselves, the state did put in a 75 mph limit.
Video Tour of the Logan Valley - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiNqrkq9xYY</a><!-- m -->
I didn't see any on the list,,so I paint and build Military figures and equipment,,for Diorama's,,,,Also put together,figures and equipment,for one of my Son's Warhammer Games Workshop..Have also made some battlefield scenes, for him and his friends..Lately,I've been doing that more than my layout. Smile BTW,,He's 39 and still plays with toys also.. 357
Cheers,
Frank AKA zstripe
I'm an avid road cyclist and mountain biker in addition to loving trains.

I also wargame with miniatures as I'm a military history nerd to boot.
Cycling used to take up most of my time, hundred mile Sunday rides plus 70 odd mile rides in the week, unfortunately circumstances don't allow me to do those sorts of mileages any more, I'm lucky if I can manage 50 milers these days!

Computers are another of my hobbies, along with F.O.S.S. (Free Open Source Software) & Linux. (I like to install Linux on all computers I come across.)
switcher1 Wrote:Computers are another of my hobbies, along with F.O.S.S. (Free Open Source Software) & Linux. (I like to install Linux on all computers I come across.)

Hello, Switcher

I have used UBUNTU Linux in the past on a few PCs also still use Open Office(now called Libre Office) also play with old computers Apple IIc and TI 99-4A.
Hi AF350, I've been a Debian user, in one form or another, for a long time now, presently AntiX, before that Crunchbang.

Any old machine I come across gets a 'live' distro inserted into it, just to see how much better it will perform with a proper O/S on it. Icon_lol
Enjoy playing drums and motorcycling. In March, 2013 old my restored 1968 RS Camaro after seven years. Have been scuba diving for the last 13 years and completed my Nitrox Certification eight years ago. Learned in the Caribbean and have gone down every couple of years in conjunction with cruising which my wife loves. Three years ago, both my wife and I got into hand gunning and got our CCW permits and spend a lot of time at the indoor range during the winter.
fast car Wrote:Enjoy playing drums and motorcycling. In March, 2013 old my restored 1968 RS Camaro after seven years. Have been scuba diving for the last 13 years and completed my Nitrox Certification eight years ago. Learned in the Caribbean and have gone down every couple of years in conjunction with cruising which my wife loves. Three years ago, both my wife and I got into hand gunning and got our CCW permits and spend a lot of time at the indoor range during the winter.

Muscle cars are great especially from the 60's and 70's. I am not very good mechanically automotive wise so I bought a "modern" muscle car a 2000 Trans Am with Ram air once weather improves will start driving it again. I have been bitten with the bug of building a kit car idea from Factory five racing, their kits have everything but motor and transmission typically from donner car or a new crated motor, they are best known for their Shelby Cobra replica. I like the performance kit car called GTM has an original body but is engineered to use a Chevy LS series motor hooked up to a Porsche transaxle on the other hand their ford hotrod kit looks awesome too and a bit cheaper the performance car. I figure the best way to learn about fixing a car is building one from ground up Icon_lol in theory anyway.
AF350,

Here is the Camaro. Sold it to a gentleman in central Indiana. Miss it dearly.

[Image: IMG_0244_zpsa25d7d24.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0243_zps7d41a74d.jpg]
fast car Wrote:Here is the Camaro. Sold it to a gentleman in central Indiana. Miss it dearly.

A Wife, two kids, and a dog, necessitated trading my 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T 340 4bbl 4 speed "machine" in for a Eek Station wagon Eek , in 1976........yes, I STILL miss that car. ( Wink The pain of loss has been somewhat offset by the fact that my Gasoline bills, even with today's outrageous prices, are far less than it would cost to fuel that Challenger today. Big Grin There's still enough "lead" in my "Accelerator foot ", to "sink the Titanic" 357 357 357

It does still live on in 1:87 scale:    
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Nice car fast car. Not sure if I have a good pic of my car will post if I find one if not will have to take one. It is still hibernating for the winter. I think it has a LS1 motor, WS6 package Ram Air but it is an automatic transmission. Only non original parts are driver seat needed replaced as it got a rip in it and the headlights had went out not at the same time, I drove it to work and back for a year then bought a truck will have to check the mileage kinda low being I bought it(the car)in Sept. of 1999. Never had the T-tops out but once and my head would stick out so I just leave them in place.

Sumpter ,

I have a nephew that has a new Challenger, sharp looking car.
Sumpter250 Wrote:
fast car Wrote:Here is the Camaro. Sold it to a gentleman in central Indiana. Miss it dearly.

A Wife, two kids, and a dog, necessitated trading my 1971 Dodge Challenger R/T 340 4bbl 4 speed "machine" in for a Eek Station wagon Eek , in 1976........yes, I STILL miss that car. ( Wink The pain of loss has been somewhat offset by the fact that my Gasoline bills, even with today's outrageous prices, are far less than it would cost to fuel that Challenger today. Big Grin There's still enough "lead" in my "Accelerator foot ", to "sink the Titanic" 357 357 357

It does still live on in 1:87 scale:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

AF 350,

Thank you for the compliments. Please post photos of your car when you get it out of storage. I purchased the 2012 Jeep Wrangler in the background when the Camaro left the premise's. My wife keeps up the fast car image with her ride.

Sumpter 250,

Beautiful Challenger. Worth several thousand now. See them pass through Mecum Auction or Barrett-Jackson. Definitely out of my range.

Larry
If the weather is nice tomorrow like it was this afternoon will have a pic of the Trans Am. I had it in a show once and won best in class(there were only 2 cars in that class) Icon_lol The other car was a tricked out Toyota I think the class was 1980 and newer. The most interesting car at the show was an English Ford, I asked the owner what it was and he said an English ford, so I said but what is the model name that went on for a few minutes. Still not sure if an English ford is the model name but it was neat looking anyway. Icon_lol
3 pics of Trans Am