Quote notifications
Is there any way to add this to the forums as an option? Like getting the PM notifications email
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:Is there any way to add this to the forums as an option? Like getting the PM notifications email

You can "subscribe to any thread by clicking on "subscribe topic" at the bottom of any thread. There's no way to just get notified when someone quotes you though, that doesn't appear as an option anywhere here, nor do I recall it being an option with vBulletin, the software that we used over at the old place.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
That stinks, it's on anther forum I'm on and I can get back to people who quote me, helps out big time since I forget that I posted and where 35
Tom

Model Conrail

tomustang Wrote:That stinks, it's on anther forum I'm on and I can get back to people who quote me, helps out big time since I forget that I posted and where 35

Just to be sure, I'll ask Packey to look at this and see if it's an option, but I can't ever remember seeing it anywhere else. He has the keys to the inner sanctum where Mikey and I can only screw things up if we go there... Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I don't know what type of forum it is but here's the site <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/">http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/</a><!-- m -->

They have 'Like' a post and facebook/twitter sharing
Tom

Model Conrail

Well, it appears that it is a proprietary forum by the fact that it is copyrighted by the owners of the forum and shows no forum software origination. It is a neat feature, but I'm still not aware of any other forum that I've seen that has this feature. Still, I'll see if Pat (Packey) can find out if it's available in our forum software., maybe as a third party add-on.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
:?: I still prefer to follow the K.I.S.S. principal.
all the "bells" and "whistles", only make a forum seem more like a "game" than a place to relax, learn, and/or teach.
yeah, I'm just another "Old descriptive name of escaping flatulence" 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote:"Old descriptive name of escaping flatulence" 357 357 357

Tooting your own horn again?
railohio Wrote:"Sumpter250" wrote; Old descriptive name of escaping flatulence" 357 357 357

Tooting your own horn again?

357 357 357 Yup! must have been a good one to be heard that far away ! :o 357 357 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Sumpter250 Wrote::?: I still prefer to follow the K.I.S.S. principal.
all the "bells" and "whistles", only make a forum seem more like a "game" than a place to relax, learn, and/or teach.
yeah, I'm just another "Old descriptive name of escaping flatulence" 357 357 357
If you followed the KISS rule you wouldn't have an avatar or a signature 219
Tom

Model Conrail