EZ's 2013 duff challenge part 2
Very good and solid carpenter's work. Congratulation!
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
One more step in the process. I was able to mount the cabinet on the wall, partially behind a door. Half of it shows when the door is open, but it's a tight spot and the only wall space I have without moving something else, and that's just not going to happen. Nope

Anyway, It cleaned up nicely, two of the panes have some scratches in them, but I decided they aren't bad enough to be worth the effort to replace them. 8-) I secured the cabinet to wall studs so that it's not going to fall anytime soon. My guess is that it weighs in at around 25 lbs. My biggest fear would be to wake up one morning and find the cabinet back secured to the wall, and the rest of it sitting on the floor.... :o :o Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Icon_lol Icon_lol :oops: :oops: Curse Curse

Here's a few shots of it in place. Note the picture in the last shot. It isn't part of this challenge, but it is a jigsaw puzzle put together by my wife. I've got a second one that she did, propped up against the wall. I haven't framed it yet but I plan to one of these days if I find the wall space to hang it up.... Big Grin

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
That turned out really well, Don, and whatever scratches may be left certainly aren't visible in the photos. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Have you got enough stuff to fill it, or is this just an excuse to buy more trains? Icon_lol Misngth Icon_lol Misngth

Wayne
Don:
I can see you building another cabinet ... for jigsaws!
We had a display at our train show many years ago by a fellow who made up and glued jigsaws. He also painted in the (inevitable) missing pieces.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Nice work Don ! Thumbsup Cheers Worship
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thank you all kind sirs, it was a fun project and one I've been wanting to do for some time now. Just ripe for a GOYD challenge.

Unfortunately (or otherwise Big Grin ) Ralph, I find that I will not be able to put all my cars and locos in the cabinet so I think I'll have to keep the tool chest that they're in to hold what doesn't fit. A second cabinet is not an option, since I have no wall space left to hang it on. Nope And yeah, the scratches aren't as visible as they were when I had everything in the garage. A lot of them came out with a lot of elbow grease though.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Well, I came close. Most of my rolling stock fit in the cabinet. I have a number of locos that are still in boxes that I think I'll leave them that way, plus there is a box full of cars and locos that are waiting their turns at the maintenance depot. Anyway, this is how it turned out, opened and closed:

And just in case you were wondering, no, I cannot run some of those cars like the Amtrak (or most of the other passenger cars), those autocarriers or the centerbeams. Nope But I liked them and that's why I needed this case in the first place. Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Just a little heads up for those of you that are following this thread. We are planning to open a couple of auctions by the end of this month. We will be auctioning off a few HO and N scale Big Blue Anniversary Special boxcars, along with two PBS "Tracks Ahead" N scale cars, graciously donated by Mike Goad, (Tyson Rayles). The auctions will also include one N and one HO Anniversary car by our master modeler, Sumpter250. 2285_ 2285_

Anyway, planted among my rolling stock in my new display cabinet are three of the N scale cars that we will be auctioning off... see if you can spot them in this photo I took yesterday. 357 Icon_lol 357 Icon_lol

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
These are the "back-up" tour cars. The N scale car was not part of the tour, the HO scale car was used in the tour, and went to one person. Both of these cars are part of the 2013 Auction.

We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!