Ngauger's 2013 Duff Challenge
I was going to round off all the edges and score the front panel to represent a hood Smile Therefore this would be the final height.

I was going to add "fenders" to the sides for the lights, but if I can get away with free standing lights, it would be a bit easier.... Maybe small boxes to mount the lights in the front of them... All the larger LED"s are also "deep" do I would need some way to hide all but the front lens when placed horizontally. Maybe square (rounded corner) boxes...

I'll try all this in the next few days Smile Smile Thanks for the suggestions!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
ezdays Wrote:What was wrong with what you had, other than the headlights? Just change those out to something round and be done with it... I hate starting over like that on any part of a project... Hey, can anybody use a couple of short N scale walls???????? 357 357 357

The more I looked at it - the worse it looked Eek Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I started over, since I wasn't covinced I was heading in the right direction Nope Nope Goldth
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:The more I looked at it - the worse it looked Eek Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I started over, since I wasn't covinced I was heading in the right direction Nope Nope Goldth

357 How many time have I been there, and done that !
No, I still haven't learned to "plan", I choose to burn my bridges when I'm in the middle of them. Icon_twisted 357 Icon_twisted It's more exciting that way. Confusedhock: Icon_lol Icon_lol
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Well, I didn't like the length of the hood, no matter what I tried, it was too short. So I extended the "deck" Big Grin

I rounded the corners, then painted the hood and the new deck. I relocated the cow catcher and added a block of wood (weight) behind it.

Now - the hood looks correct, so I added a grille/heater coil to the front. It's just leaning there that's why it's a bit tilted It's just there to give you all an idea of what I'm trying to do Smile Smile

~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Now that looks "right" ! Cheers Thumbsup
Mike

Sent from my pocket calculator using two tin cans and a string
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Big Grin
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Big Grin I knew the "longer nose" was what I needed Smile Smile More work this week.... Hopefully I can tweak and paint and glue & be finished in a week or Three Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks again guys!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

ngauger Wrote:Big Grin I knew the "longer nose" was what I needed Smile Smile Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thanks again guys!!!!!

Ahh, Yessss.

It's now, a " Durante " Wink Tongue Tongue Icon_lol Icon_lol Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Sumpter250 Wrote:
ngauger Wrote:Big Grin I knew the "longer nose" was what I needed Smile Smile Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thanks again guys!!!!!

Ahh, Yessss.

It's now, a " Durante " Wink Tongue Tongue Icon_lol Icon_lol Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

Or perhaps a "Pinocchio", we need to get a the truth here before it gets any longer... 357 357 357
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
i like Durante better Smile Smile Smile Haa Chaa Chaaa.... We're all too young to remember Jimmy!!!

Or are we.................... Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Nah, I remember, and Durante ties in nicely with Durant.

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:Nah, I remember, and Durante ties in nicely with Durant.

Wayne
Neat!!!! Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    

Aahhhhh Yes, the "Locomobile" :o 357 Wink
and now:

Houston.... We have a problem!

I put the engine on the layout to get the voltage readings for the LED lights.. The engine won't move!!! Shoot Wallbang Wallbang

I tried everything I could think of, it's getting power and it'll sputter (moves about 1/4") then dies... So - I may have to take it apart and re-check the electrical connections I repaired before I started the build. It was running fine back then, so maybe I can get it going again...

So Frustrating!!!!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75