CNJ I-4 and I-5 Consolidation camelbacks
I have been busy for awile trying to get this project going. Here it is today.
toptrain        
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
** Cab is fastened to boiler. Cab side walls are removeable. this allows you to remove the boiler from the drive for maintance. Or easily replace with a stock, unalered Bachmann I-10, 2-8-0 drive.
Here's a prototype pic for refernce..<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/cnj656s.jpg">http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/cnj656s.jpg</a><!-- m -->
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
You two continue to amaze me with your "scratch-bashed" camelbacks. I would like to see a roster thread of all of both of your engines at some point.

Dave
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:You two continue to amaze me with your "scratch-bashed" camelbacks. I would like to see a roster thread of all of both of your engines at some point.

Dave
Stephen does the good work. I stumble all the time.
frank
toptrain Wrote:Stephen does the good work. I stumble all the time.
frank

Judging from the photos, I wish I could stumble as gracefully as you.
-Dave
Puddlejumper Wrote:"toptrain" wrote: Stephen does the good work. I stumble all the time.
frank
Judging from the photos, I wish I could stumble as gracefully as you.

You and me both Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I can't even dance as gracefully as you two "stumble" :o Wink
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I took the roof off. cab walls are not strong enough. need to add supports for walls. need to get a pair of single compressors for this model. The I-4 needs only 1 two stage compressor which I have a few to choose from. I proably will remake its cab and walkways again too.
frank
Sumpter250 Wrote:You and me both Wink Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup I can't even dance as gracefully as you two "stumble" :o Wink

** If you had read my ongoing strugle to make the darn camels, ( not here on the gague) you would understand why I say, strugle. This thing started on June 12 2012. I only thing I have proved is perserverance. They were to be a pair of Reading I-6 class 2-8-0c. After about 4 months I found nothing working when trying to build as Reading type camels. To many concessions to too smaller a proto boilered loco. I changed to the bigger boilered CNJ I-4 and I-5 class. Still strugling. On the I-5, I am on my fourth cab, and third firebox. I have been making up tricks all along the way to improve the final look. Cant wait to see what will happen next. It is like a Flash Gorden serial.
frank
removed acdential double posting. see how bad it is here . I cant remove a mistakenly done post.
Ok loco is coming out Ok, and I started on tender. It is a little over 3/4 " shorter. It is just glued together and no gap filling done yet. Proportions look OK. It will a nice Cameback tender. Those pieces laying on the table are what got cut out of the tender.
frank    
toptrain Wrote:Cant wait to see what will happen next. It is like a Flash Gorden serial. frank

357 357 357 I remember those !!! Smile Smile Smile It's all part of the process of "creating". You're doing an excellent job with this CNJ I-5. Thumbsup Thumbsup Keep up the good work ! Cheers Cheers Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Don't have a photo now, but the I4, 2-8-0 boiler is done again for the 4th time. This was to be a build 2 of the same type, and were to be 2 I5 class. Well a I4 is the other model. A little smaller loco. Not have a good time building this pair of camelbacks. Now that the summer and the hot weather is over I'll be up in the attic working on this project again.
frank
Here is the I5 now . I just realized I started this subject in two threads here.
frank    
toptrain Wrote:Don't have a photo now, but the I4, 2-8-0 boiler is done again for the 4th time. This was to be a build 2 of the same type, and were to be 2 I5 class. Well a I4 is the other model. A little smaller loco. Not have a good time building this pair of camelbacks. Now that the summer and the hot weather is over I'll be up in the attic working on this project again.
frank

So here is the I-4 today.
frank