Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Charlie B Wrote:OBJAck...that is unbelievable. so much fun in that scene. You have done things I wouldn't have though to even try.
I can't wait until your next build.
Charlie
Thanks Charlie, lucky it's not 1:1 like you big boys are doing. Icon_lol And yes it was fun doing it a bit different, I was probably having a few seniors moments when I attempted a few things here too,... a bit like a bucket list ....you'll never never know if you never have a go.

Steve Wrote:Awesome!!!
That last shot especially is just so cool! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Great job on that backdrop....it pulls it all together Thumbsup
That is one nice complement coming from you Steve, The backdrop was a whim that may/may not have worked as well as I hoped, but I want to isolate that little scene with trees etc and keep the dark atmosphere with the castle,( maybe find an artist would be a good first move.) Misngth

Steamtrains Wrote:Shades of "The Adams Family"... 357
Here's hoping Gus. Maybe I need some Ghoulish looking LPBs to keep the bats company and populate the place. Any ideas?

Now back in the real world...... :oops: did I just say that?
The lads thought we needed a plumber in PistonBroke.
So agreed to build a reasonable,( their words not mine,) replica of one that they say had passed its useby date, from a magazine article they read using plans that fell from the back of a truck.
Don't get me wrong here,... it was nevertheless a very serviceable little family owned business. Thumbsup

This is what it looked like originally..
[Image: IMG_0751.jpg]

Some of the supplies that fell of the same truck as the plans
[Image: IMG_0750.jpg]

The boys are not stopping, ...straight into some interior reinforcing here
[Image: IMG_0752.jpg]

I don't know why, but some alcohol and other stuff is spilled onto the walls. ???
[Image: IMG_0753.jpg]

I think they drank the rest of it 'cause they have all fallen asleep, Will get back with more updates when they resume.. Misngth

LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
OBJack Wrote:I think they drank the rest of it 'cause they have all fallen asleep, Will get back with more updates when they resume.. Misngth
Shades of Rip Van Winkle here, seems like they done gone and slept in,... big time.
...And it has to be finished on schedule or there is no greenbacks in the hip pocket. Nothing like putting a bit of pressure on the boys hey? Wallbang
Might make them turn to the bottle, ...oh that's right they already did. But by the looks of them the next day.
[Image: hangover_by_aiwebs2005.gif]
I think we are safe, I don't think they be goin' back there again in a hurry.

So finally a few photo updates for the masses.....Ok, for both of you.
Yikes!!! I'm thinking that Incohol was a bit mind bending, by the colours I see here..
[Image: IMG_0755.jpg]

this is the front, with all the doggone windows.. what a pain they are for fumble thumbs...
[Image: IMG_0757.jpg]
Still in the front and the colour hasn't changed...crap...
[Image: IMG_0758.jpg]

around the back, same colour here too..
[Image: IMG_0759.jpg]

.. Aha, maybe a bit more of that incohol .....Hic...
[Image: IMG_0765.jpg]

maybe..
[Image: IMG_0766.jpg]

well a bit more work required I think, but is salvagable ...Isn't it???
[Image: IMG_0767.jpg]

K. We are now waiting for the second hand iron to arrive for the storeroom/workshop roof on the right, and the lofts will be added as we wait.
And some newer iron,... (not new, but newer) ...has been ordered for the Office on the left, so I will update you as soon as it has been applied.

Jack 219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Sooooo ...here is the roof that was scrounged from the recycling yard.

Here is the front, ooops.. :oops: dang boys gone and put the landing on back to front tch..tch..tch.. 35
[Image: IMG_0784.jpg]
This better?? ...(The Office has just landed as well.)
[Image: IMG_0804.jpg]
Well the roof was cheap, and I hope it fits in with the other heritage buildings of the area.. (which aren't built yet. :oops: )

And around the Back...
[Image: IMG_0785.jpg]

The office roof is a bit newer but nevertheless should also be replaced I think....Later, maybe 20 yrs later
[Image: IMG_0772.jpg]

The doors and windows are in, so we are at the lockup stage, a couple a chimneys and the water tank and those boys are about done. Cheers

They can have the weekend off, and I'll post their progress when they resume.

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Jack,
Once again you have amazed me, wonderful work. I wish you would send the Kramer boys to the States so we could put them to work.
We have friends coming from downunder to visit at the end of September. They are on our White dog lovers forum, perhaps the boys could bum a ride. Goldth
Charlie
That turned out nice! I especialy like the rusted tin roofs. Excellent job on creating the "look". Those structures will make an excellent addition to your layout.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Terrific stuff, as always.... Thumbsup

I sure could'a used those Kramer boys up here. I would even have put up a couple of bottles of their favorite beverage... 357
Gus (LC&P).
Excellent build! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I especially like the roof on the main structure....I have seen many old roofs that look just like that. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
The open windows are a nice touch as well. Wink
Steve
Charlie B Wrote:Jack,
Once again you have amazed me, wonderful work. I wish you would send the Kramer boys to the States so we could put them to work.
We have friends coming from downunder to visit at the end of September. They are on our White dog lovers forum, perhaps the boys could bum a ride. Goldth
Charlie
Thanks for the comments Charlie, the speed at which you are working, you don't need those Kramers. Big Grin They are staying put.
And forget about them bummin' a ride .... how about Moi. Being the Boss, I will be the first cab off the ranks if there is any bumming to do. Misngth

Gary S Wrote:That turned out nice! I especialy like the rusted tin roofs. Excellent job on creating the "look". Those structures will make an excellent addition to your layout.
Much appreciate the comments thanks Gary. The rusted roof was a quick fix with a printed rust pattern onto paper, just to see what the effect would be and I haven't changed it.... yet!

Steamtrains Wrote:Terrific stuff, as always.... Thumbsup
I sure could'a used those Kramer boys up here. I would even have put up a couple of bottles of their favorite beverage... 357
Hey Gus, If the beverages are cold, they are for hire. Simple really. The downside.....the Boss 219 hasta come too. 357

Steve Wrote:Excellent build! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I especially like the roof on the main structure....I have seen many old roofs that look just like that. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
The open windows are a nice touch as well. Wink
Thanks for taking the time to comment Steve, and coming from you that sure is ego building.
If you keep commenting I'll keep paying. Cheers
Jack just went mad with the camera so sit down and strap yourself in..

Wallbang First....... put the ramp right way around boys!..
[Image: IMG_0804.jpg]
Thank you

Then fill those holes with chimneys, oh yeah, and add a water tank
[Image: IMG_0810.jpg]

sneak around the back...dust and mud added
[Image: IMG_0812.jpg]

Erect a fence ..
[Image: IMG_0813.jpg]

8-) ...or two.. with posters
[Image: IMG_0814.jpg]

another sneak peak at around the back..... where are those Boys?
[Image: IMG_0815.jpg]

certainly not painting the fence.. Confusedhock:
[Image: IMG_0816.jpg]

Looks like they been shifting Moonys
[Image: IMG_0831.jpg]

To t'other side of the tracks huh?
[Image: IMG_0837.jpg]

nearly out in the scrub
[Image: IMG_0823.jpg]

seems the town will pass them by..
[Image: IMG_0840.jpg]

That's it I reckon folks,
...departing shot from the 'plane
[Image: IMG_0838.jpg]

Now to fill in the other side of the track to give them some company..

and where are those Kramers?? Cheers of course...

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Worship .. Worship .. Worship

Maybe they've gone 219 ....But most likely Cheers

Great stuff..!! Looking forward to see whar develops on "the other side of the tracks"... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Hey Gus, thanks for that response, sorry for the delay but it took a while to get those guys away from the 219 and back to work

However, everyone runs out of money sooner or later if all we do is enjoy ourselves, so a new project is in the offing. (..and before the Boss starts Cheers again ... lets begin.. )

So firstly we need...
The building plans.. ???
[Image: IMG_0841.jpg]

..and building materials
[Image: IMG_0843.jpg]

Then the first cuts..
[Image: IMG_0845.jpg]

And we are off and running, :hey:

LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Aaahhhh....A new marvel begins to unfold (do they come folded..??). Looking forward to the most excellent work of the Kramer boys (when they're sober...)
What line of kits are those..?? They all look great.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Well, Mooney's is a thing of beauty, so we expect no less this time around Wink
Popcornbeer
Steve
Thanks Gus and Steve.
Steamtrains Wrote:Aaahhhh....A new marvel begins to unfold (do they come folded..??). Looking forward to the most excellent work of the Kramer boys (when they're sober...)
What line of kits are those..?? They all look great.... Thumbsup
Hey Gus, the kits are B.T.S and are a nice build, and I can tell you the only thing that is folding, is the money those Kramers get. 357
And Steve I hope the Kramers are improving with each build they do....sometimes I wonder.

Been a while since I've been here, so ( belatedly ) thanks for the kind words and dropping by, you are correct about those Kramers, Money, Beer, work, and the occasional fling are all that's required to keep them happy, sounds like me really... 219

OK pics of the progress..

Building the loading ramp..
[Image: IMG_0849.jpg]

Painting the inside floor, and the outside base
[Image: IMG_0850.jpg]

Testing the height and length, and painted, well done Cheers
[Image: IMG_0852.jpg]

The painters sloshed a bit more paint around on their way out
[Image: IMG_0853.jpg]

So the fitting of the trim started in earnest
[Image: IMG_0854.jpg]

And by a small miracle some of it actually fits where it is meant to
[Image: IMG_0856.jpg]

Oh boy... here come a wall.
[Image: IMG_0858.jpg]

And another... with doors no less, these boys are geniuses Misngth
[Image: IMG_0859.jpg]

The back bit also has a door
[Image: IMG_0860.jpg]

Surprise surprise,... the front bit has a door as well.
[Image: IMG_0862.jpg]

Not only is the "Kramers" building sign missing in action for most of the pics, so are the toilets if these pics taken by a workplace union investigator are any indication, it seems it is a men only work place.

His
[Image: IMG_0902-1.jpg]

...and Hers
[Image: IMG_0847.jpg]

Looks like I gotta go and fix this situation... more soon

Jack 219 & the team
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Hey Jack, are you ever going to send my boy's back??????????????????????????????

8-)
Andy Kramer - modeling the Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin
The Milwaukee Road is alive and well and running in my basement
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milwaukeemodelers.net">www.milwaukeemodelers.net</a><!-- w -->
Soooo...The Kramers hail from Milwaukee..?? That 'splains their affinity for the cool, frothy, golden brew.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).