Introducing The PistonBroke Line
Came out great as far as I am concerned. Who makes that BHP Billiton GE in the last pic?
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
WOW!
You've gotten more done in the last few weeks, then most of us have done in years!
Great job!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Hey 88,

I too figured the diligence we are seeing is putting most of us to shame until I realised the 'War Office' factor may be what some of us are missing?

Seriously impressed with Jack's progress and raising a glass to the name of his line. (So are we, that's why we are going home)

Tony.
Hi guys,
Quick note between posts to answer a few questions Big Grin
Tom Wrote:Came out great as far as I am concerned. Who makes that BHP Billiton GE in the last pic?
It is a Broadway BLI Loco Tom. One of those DCC ready with sound Models. I put a simple plug and play DCC decoder in after I bought it.
[Image: img_0160.jpg]

Hi there 88 and lightbender, don't panic boys....
This has been in progress for a while now ...It's been maybe a couple of years in the making now, all the while messing with the minds of the hobby officiandos when they see my posts.... so no need to slit the ol' wrists just yet because you can't keep up. :mrgreen:

And as for the "War Office" :hey: she is a driving force which is good, .......throws me downstairs to the layout and locks the doors, more I suspect so I stay at home and not venture out to the Pub, than having an interest in the hobby.

No I lie.

She is interested and likes what we do. Misngth

Lightbender I see you have broken the Code of what the PistonBroke name is all about, it seems not many others have? Cheers I like your thinking man. Cheers

More soon.

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy
Jack that is one BEAUTIFUL Looking loco you got there!! Im going to have to get a couple of those to haul some iron ore on my Steel Mill Layout!! Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Wow, I never noticed that Broadway did any of the Australian Paint schemes. That one there is funky. Reminds me of the 80's. Goldth
Tom Carter
Railroad Training Services
Railroad Trainers & Consultants
Stockton, CA
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com">http://www.railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- m -->
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com">tomwcarter@railroadtrainingservices.com</a><!-- e -->
[Image: gaugetraingifsigUP.gif]
I love the road name. Don't keep us in suspense Jack, show us some more photos! Thumbsup
OBJack Wrote:Hi there 88 and lightbender, don't panic boys....
This has been in progress for a while now ...It's been maybe a couple of years in the making now, all the while messing with the minds of the hobby officiandos when they see my posts.... so no need to slit the ol' wrists just yet because you can't keep up.

So I can put the razor blade back?

Is that loco a custom paint job, or does BLI sell it like that. I only ask cause I want one.
Just gotta come out with a good story why a loco from "down under", is doing in New England
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:So I can put the razor blade back?
...Sure can the man said...

eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Is that loco a custom paint job, or does BLI sell it like that. I only ask cause I want one.
Just gotta come out with a good story why a loco from "down under", is doing in New England

BLI sell it like that I think. I picked two of them up in my LHS painted as is, I seem to remember them being advertised on The "Factory Direct" website some time ago. ( for half the price I paid Eek )
Hey BHP is a world wide company, I figure they can do what they can take their locos to New England if they want. 35
Here is a web link if you are interested, there is a photo of my #6076 there and a bit of history
http://www.railways.pilbara.net.au/bhp/l...ac6000.htm

Jack 219
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
What progress! Great job. And that GE unit looks great. You definitely don't see that every day - wish they made stuff like that in Nscale!
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Ok,
Strap yourself in, put the matchsticks under the eyelids, and be prepared to hit the kill button if the Boss walks in, 'cause here is the latest piece of the useless cyberspace clogging episode of the Pistonbroke line. :hey:
I will make it short this week as I staying with my daughter and son in-law and I am therefore causing downtime on his computer.
The other reason is "The War Office " is smokin' the credit card at the moment with our daughter, so while I have a bit of quite time I have the chance to do some "Man" Stuff and put this post to bed. 35

WHOOPS

I was going to show construction shots of the line in front of the hill we visited last time, but Alas I can't find any. The crew must have been to busy to stop for pics.
However.................... (there is always a rider isn't there )
..........They did take some AFTER Photos so will post them
There is an edge of town type, little gas & garage........
[Image: 100_0607.jpg]

And
[Image: 100_0609.jpg]

That sort of sits there,......... 'Cause it fits
[Image: 100_0615.jpg]

Here is the approach from the left..
[Image: 100_0616.jpg]

A couple taken from the air
[Image: 100_0618.jpg]
And
[Image: 100_0694.jpg]

[Image: 100_0633.jpg]

Along the tracks
[Image: 100_0734.jpg]
And
[Image: 100_0752.jpg]

I think there is a fella in the picture below havin' some "Man Time" himself
[Image: 100_0740.jpg]

[Image: 100_0991.jpg]

Looks like they were going to build a tunnel up on the hill
[Image: 100_0689.jpg]

And if the garage stays there I will weather the scene One day..... Honestly!
[Image: 100_0631.jpg]
[Image: 100_0690.jpg]

Close workings
[Image: 100_0679.jpg]

And it gets busy sometimes
[Image: 100_0914.jpg]

....matchsticks out now.
You can relax.
Sorry, this post seems to be just a collection of not very well taken photos, I will try to improve next time. Big Grin

I think I can smell burning c/cards approaching so I had better go and find a soft place to land when "Those Who Must Be Obeyed" Nope deliver the Status of the bank balance to Jack.

See you soon
Master
Jack
LIFE....
Look for a good fantasy
Very nice pics Jack, I especially like the weed work and crossings.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
No apologies necessary bro! Things are looking good! Thumbsup
Jack,

Beautiful layout!
I also have to compliment your presentation. It is quirky, funny, and keeps everything fresh.
I, like several others, am looking forward to more pics.

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
layout looks great Thumbsup ,keep postin pics man.--josh
Women may not find you handsome,but they'll atleast find you handy--Red Green
C&O ALL THE WAY--[Image: chessie.gif]