Latest locomotive
I was browsing my local hobby shop and noticed they had three Athearn blue box F7s in various road names on sale. I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present and purchased one in Northern Pacific livery. Since it was mostly black already it was easy to convert it to a Penn Central F unit. Most of my locomotives are pretty dusty and road weary but I think I'll keep this one shiny clean.

[Image: IMG_0610.jpg]

Ralph
WHAT????????
You're not gonna get it dirty?
How dare you.....!
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
The guys at the engine yard are pretty particular about this unit for some reason. Here's the super radioing for more handi-wipes to catch a missed dirt spot.
Smile

[Image: IMG_0619.jpg]

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:......and purchased one in Northern Pacific livery. Since it was mostly black already it was easy to convert it to a Penn Central F unit. Most of my locomotives are pretty dusty and road weary but I think I'll keep this one shiny clean.

Ralph

Nice job, Ralph. Thumbsup I recall reading about Penn Central re-painting and re-lettering some boxcars that belonged to another railroad, but never a locomotive. Wink

Wayne
Love it!!!!! Being a PRR fan - it looks great!!
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Very nice work! Looks right at home. What LHS were you at?
Hi Kevin! It was Becker's in New Brighton off Silver Lake Rd. He deals only in HO if you haven't been there.
Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Hi Kevin! It was Becker's in New Brighton off Silver Lake Rd. He deals only in HO if you haven't been there.
Ralph

I havent, I will check it out for sure!
Nice Ralph!! I like the new paint on the loco :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Ralph, wow, I really like you first pic, great scene and nice engines.
Kurt
love the old athearns Thumbsup definitely a classic. Even if you are not going to weather it, may I suggest painting the metal shiny part behind the truck frames black?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
That's a good thought.

Ralph
Don't let Steve know that you painted over a Northern Pacific! 357
I like how your crew it taking special care of the locomotive.
Scott